BC Boards

A Day in the life of....

:rolleyes: that's about how I look after a rainy day indoors on cleaning day with Archer. Here are his thought processes for the day:

Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, ...CAT!! cat, cat, cat, cat, Ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, BONE!!! bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone bone, bone, food?? nahhh...ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball...are you gonna toss it? how bout now? now? now? now? now? now? now? now? I'm waiting! Still waiting! Waitinnnnggg!!!!! I'll throw it on the table if you don't throw it! How about in your lap? In your tea?? Are you gonna toss it? Are you done working yet? Ball, ball, ball, ball, CAT!! I'll be right back! Cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat...OH!!! There's Mr. Squeakers!! Can you toss him now?! waiting!? Still waiting? Not close enough, here, let me throw it at you! Waiting, waiting, waiting...awww...but I don't WAAAnNNNNAAAA have a nap now. :D Do you HAVE to clean the house and do laundry?!? You only played with me for three hours today! What's going on!? yawn...Ok..I guess I'll have a nap... but if you move an inch or blink i'll be up in a heartbeat and don't you forget it! Night mommy!

Haliourous(sp?)! Thats almost what Cressa does although she is a little more settle. If you so much as touch a ball it instance focus. If it moves it ON. She will bring it back and stare at it up to (feels like) 5 min. Then she will roll the ball towards you generally it bounces off your foot and its gametime again. LOL Its great amusement. Frisbee are a whole different story...

Stella

:rolleyes: that's about how I look after a rainy day indoors on cleaning day with Archer. Here are his thought processes for the day:

Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, Ball, ball, ball, ...CAT!! cat, cat, cat, cat, Ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, BONE!!! bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone bone, bone, food?? nahhh...ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball...are you gonna toss it? how bout now? now? now? now? now? now? now? now? I'm waiting! Still waiting! Waitinnnnggg!!!!! I'll throw it on the table if you don't throw it! How about in your lap? In your tea?? Are you gonna toss it? Are you done working yet? Ball, ball, ball, ball, CAT!! I'll be right back! Cat, cat, cat, cat, cat, cat...OH!!! There's Mr. Squeakers!! Can you toss him now?! waiting!? Still waiting? Not close enough, here, let me throw it at you! Waiting, waiting, waiting...awww...but I don't WAAAnNNNNAAAA have a nap now. :D Do you HAVE to clean the house and do laundry?!? You only played with me for three hours today! What's going on!? yawn...Ok..I guess I'll have a nap... but if you move an inch or blink i'll be up in a heartbeat and don't you forget it! Night mommy!

OMG!!!l LMAO!!! That is soooo true!!! :D:D:D

Whisper's thought processes run much the same way...she's mellow for the most part, but she knows where I am every instant that I am inthe house and is ALWAYS ready for a walk!

He, he, there was a segment on This American Life recently that was so like that. The dog wasn't a BC, but the story was of this stand-up comedian having a friend over whose wife had just left him. While he he told his sad story, the family dog kept shoving its soggy ball in the guy's lap. It was partially narrated from the dog's point of view, and if anyone heard it, it was quite funny.

I'm glad the cats (well, at least one) are so much more into Odin then he is into them. It eases the obsessiveness that I have no doubt would be there otherwise! But Benway is almost like this himself! So try this, with an Archer (played by Odin) as well as a small brown evil thing (not all bites are actual, but the emotional intent is there):

Bite bite bite bite bite bite, WHAT, you don't like me biting you to get your attention? Great, now I'll bite you to show you who's boss. Ok, now that you are walking towards the closet you're going for that fishing-line toy, right? No? How dare you?!? Scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch GET THE D@MN TOY *real bite as cleaning human puts folded laundry in the closet* Human jerks, don't like me biting them. I'll show them. Dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog dog Why doesn't Dog want me to steal his food/crate/bed/toy for the 50th time? I think I'll bite him. Ok, now I'm locked in the basement. Scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch ESCAPE! Thank god for laundry and her having to walk downstairs with a big basket full of clothes. What, you're folding? How about I pounce on and bite all the clothes?!? Look dog, you can help. Take this sock, I know you like them.

:rolleyes:

I could join in this too, but it would be far too boring. I guess I expect a much more mellow dog for appropriate behavior in the house...

Chesney's days would follow something to the effect of:

Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Change position. Sleep. Sleep. Change Couches. Sleep. Watch mom go to kitchen. Sleep. Follow mom to kitchen this time. Lay down in kitchen. Follow mom to den. Sleep. Sleep more while homework gets done. Go out to potty. Sleep. Follow mom to bathroom. Sleep while mom showers. Sleep...... Go for ride in truck. Work sheep. Get back in truck. Sleep in truck. Sleep on couch. Lay at mom's feet. Get excited for dinner. Eat Dinner. Follow mom upstairs to bed. Sleep until morning.

And Chesney is by no means Lazy! haha :rolleyes: Guess I got lucky.

I could join in this too, but it would be far too boring. I guess I expect a much more mellow dog for appropriate behavior in the house...

I'm with you. Quinn is also quite mellow in the house, car and around the office, though he's always ready to rock and roll. I also worked really hard with him as a pup to relax and amuse himself. Plus if we're not fetching, then his fetch toys are put up. I've always been a mean mom that way. :rolleyes: