BC Boards

New Here - Wanted to Introduce Myself...

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking for a month or so and just got registered, so I wanted to say hello.

We rescued what we were told was a lab/flat coated retriever about 9 months ago, and within a few months it became increasingly clear that Wesley is in fact in all likelihood a lab/BC - with a mostly BC personality. Knowing nothing about the breed, we have done a lot of research, have made some adjustments, including starting herding lessons with him, and are trying to gather as much info as we can. I can only say I am glad to have found these boards so I can continue to learn about what I can expect from the little man!

We definitely have some issues... Wesley is a joy to us, but is a very pushy dog who requires strict NILIF to make sure he doesn't take over. He is also not trustworthy (he will growl and snap if approached or petted) with strangers - really anyone except me, my husband, his walker and his trainer, who also boards him when we are gone. All of this is new to us... Although my husband and I were both raised with dogs, neither of us has ever experienced any dogs with any sort of aggressiveness... So, we are taking the view that the more we know, the better we will be able to work with Wesley and manage the situation!

So, again, thanks for all the insight you have provided in the posts I have been reading and thanks in advance for you help with the questions I will inevitably come back to ask!

You need to use a website like photobucket.com. Basically load your pictures to that site, then copy the url it gives you. In the "full reply form" here, just right of the smileys there is a button called "image". Click on that paste the url in the box that pops up, then hit ok or enter. You can always do a preview post to make sure it worked :rolleyes: