BC Boards

We finally figured out a name

Ok, after lots of different ideas and a lot of fighting :rolleyes: we picked out a name for her. We thought of Piper, my mom didn't like it. River, my brother didn't like it. Bella, no one liked it. So we all picked Wookie. I know, I know. It's from Star Wars. But on the odd chance of not soundin really geeky it really fits her and she came to it as soon as we said it. She would come to any other name. So as of now it's Wookie :D

So now all we need is a Yoda, Darth, and Chewy and we'll have a movie set on here! :D :D

So we all picked Wookie.

What a great name, congratulations! I found it much harder to come up with a female name (that wasn't too feminine) rather than a male one.

Just so you know though, when you call her at the park, all the other dogs will come running since they'll be hearing "Cookie!"

:rolleyes:

Ailsa

But she's not always going to look like a Wookie!! I suspect it may be the sort of name you regret when she grows into a svelte adult.

OTOH, I am not one to talk about names because I live with a dog named Mr. Woo :rolleyes:

ETA - speaking of names sounding like other things ... for a long time in agility we had problems with the teeter - I would give the command and Tweed would come running at me barking. It took an innocent bystander to point out that I often call Tweed "Tweeder" so when I gave him the teeter command he thought I was saying his name. Changed it to "plank" and it hasn't been a problem since.

Every second person on the street thinks Piper's name is "Hyper" and they all say "Ha ha ha, a border collie named 'Hyper.' Ha ha that's so fitting." Or some variation therein. It's not even funny anymore, just irritating.

RDM

Even when she does transform into a sleek, lovely thing, chances are her name will morph with her. I have a dog named Jack who's name is actually 'Mo now because we started calling him Jack-i-mo which we eventually just shortened to 'Mo. I call him 'Mo all the time and people will say, "what's his name?" Then they look confused when I tell them 'Jack.' And anyway, 'Wookie' is cute.

And I can't imagine Mr. Woo with any other name. :rolleyes:

Ugh, ok it has changed. :rolleyes: After thinking about it and calling her that a few times it really didn't fit. So I changed it to Bo. Short for BoJangles :D She seems to like it and is starting to come to it. So now everyone has agreed on it. This little pup was the hardest thing to name ever. But I think Bo will stick.

I actually don't say "no" very often. I use a slight "ehhhh" or "hey" rather than "no". Very creative though on the Bono :rolleyes:

Everyone thinks that Black Jack is a girl so I guess if they think that Bo is a boy it will work out :D

AJ,

FWIW, we had a female great dane named Bo when we were growing up. No one mistook her for a boy, actually. I don't remember an issue with "No" and "Bo" but if you don't use it much, you should be fine. Next you'll find yourself singing to her "My spurs Bo Jingle Jangle Jingle..." :rolleyes:

J.

I'm terrible with dog names. I already don't like two of my dogs names, Frosty and Shiner. Frosty was cute for a fluffy puppy, but I'm not feeling it anymore. And Shiner doesn't roll off the tongue. I've been calling him Shine, but I'm not too thrilled with it. I already changed it from Boomer, and before I got him he was Enzo, and before that, Grady. :rolleyes: I've been thinking about going back to Grady.

Funny things, names, aren't they. My Miss Kirra's name in the litter was Lily, but her then human mom called her Ewok, because of her funny little ears (which she still has :rolleyes: ). She still responds to Ewok, 6 years later. Although her name is Kirra, on agility course I tend to use Kiz, since it's easier to say and for her to hear - so lots of people think her name is Kizzy. Oh well - works for us I guess.

RDM - interesting about Tweed and the teeter. You would have been OK over here in the land of Oz, because we call it a see-saw. :D

Bo is CUTE.

We had a hard time naming Ido. She was 'Koi' for about a week, but I just wasn't feeling it. I came across the word Idolon, and realized how cool it would be as a dog name. 'Ido' for short!!!

One of the names I was going to suggest to you was 'Favor'.... you're doing her an awful big favor, after all. And, I think it would make a lovely BC name.

Keep the suggestions coming. I don't know if BO is sticking or not. My mom and brother say no a lot so I don't know if it'll work or not. Any ideas? I know, I know. I'm a pain in the butt end :rolleyes:

Favor, Edge, Spark, Biff, Sonya, Pad, Cue, Spree, Tap, Sprite, Groove, Brie, Flo, Bonzai, Vie (as in C'est la vie!)

Tip, Blue

That good enough? :rolleyes:

Spark and Sprite are both names I had picked out for future BCs! Also Mirch (means pepper), and Skiddaw (a "mountain" in the north of England).

My little brother had a Norwegian Elkhound bitch named Bo. He named her after Bo Derek (the movie "10" had just come out) because he thought Bo was such a beautiful pup. :D

She was one of the very best dogs anyone could ever want. :rolleyes: Smart, funny - and of course, very pretty. *sigh* I still miss her - she lived to be sixteen years old, and it just about killed all of us to lose her.

So I think Bo's a fine name. :D I never had any problems with "no" and "Bo" either, but I don't use "no" anyway. Its homonym "know" comes up too many times in casual conversation.