BC Boards

We finally figured out a name

Funny things, names, aren't they. My Miss Kirra's name in the litter was Lily, but her then human mom called her Ewok, because of her funny little ears (which she still has :D ). She still responds to Ewok, 6 years later.

In Wick's litter, my favourite puppy was The Potato. When she got adopted at 15 weeks, her new mum renamed her "Tip." I can't remember how old the pups are now ... 5 or 6 maybe? ... and I only see Tip once a year or so, but when I do she responds immediately to "Potato Potato!!" though I am the only person on earth who calls her that :rolleyes:

Mr. Woo responds to ... nothing. Not his original name, or the one I gave him, or the variations therein. Although lately he has started looking my way when I yell "Hey FATTY!!" Sad.

I like Sprite. I also really like Scout but there are soooo many Scouts.

RDM

Names are hard. Sasha didn't have a name for a long time, but we figured we'd better hurry up and pick something. Sassy, Nikolai, and Zoe all came with names. We modified spelling a little, but kept them. Besides, they all have a zillion nicknames. (Zoe has no problem with "Zo" and "No" at this point. I tend to use "ep" for "no," though.)

I could have seen "Wookie" becoming "Wook" pretty easily.

We got "naming rights" for a momma lab and her two pups from our rescue group. Took us nearly 2 weeks, and that was knowing that they'd likely change anyway. I haven't named my Roomba yet, either... and the warranty paperwork asks for it's name! Maybe it's a carryover from our saltwater fish - we figure that as soon as we name something, it dies, so we don't name the fish.

I love the name Sprite - one of our Nigerian Dwarf goat's called Sprite, though it's short for Woodsprite, a part of her show name. I think it suits a Border collie. I love naming...each and every animal on our little farm, from the dogs and cats to the fish to the sheep and goats to each and every chicken, has a name. Ridiculous, yes, but nonetheless a great deal of fun.

A few ideas(just some pretty or clever names):

Aeryn(pronounced "Erin")

Ailsa(a Scottish island)

Alyx

Bryn

Ceana(meaning "fair one", pronounced "KEH-na")

Caoimhe (gaelic, pronounced "KEE-vah)

Dera(meaning "wild spirit)

Echo

Fay (fairy)

Fiona(celtic origin)

Nyx (goddess of night)

Quaen (I think it's pronounced "KWAY-en, meaning "woman")

Minx/Mynx (humorous or derogatory an impudent, cunning, or boldly flirtatious girl or young woman)

Thanks guys. You guys give good names. Why can't I think of those kinds of names? :rolleyes: