BC Boards

Buddy Needs Your Good Vibes and Prayers

Aw poor Buddy!!!! Give him lots of hugs from us. Is there a way to keep snakes away somehow from the house? Im TERRIFIED of snakes, I literally cry when I see one, I cant function. I dont know what I'd have done but stand there and cry.... aw good for you for thinking fast and getting ur dogs away.

What a terrible thing for Buddy! I'm glad he's doing ok now.

I'm also scared of snakes, I saw one the other weekend when we went to the dog park, he was just crossing the road. Beah!

I think they hibernate during the winter: can't wait for snow to come and put them all to sleep till spring!

I'm glad to read that often one snake bite is not lethal for dogs, I was always thinking the worst!

Oh, poor Buddy boy. But I'm glad by the time I got to read this, he's doing better.

Plenty of good thoughts coming your way from Oz, anyway.

We're just coming into snake season - and the forecasters are calling for a long hot dry summer - oh goody (not) - snakes out and about looking for water.

Well done to you for rushing the dear old boy straight off to the vet - and for the care you've given Buddy which I'm sure helped to keep him strong to fight the bite.

Oh no! So sorry to hear about poor Buddy. Hope he's on the mend soon! I've never tangled with Copperheads (and never hope to), although we've run into a few 'rattlers on the trail (Spring is always bad). Here's wishing Buddy a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Thanks so much gang, you always make me feel better! Buddy came home last night, ate a small amount of wet food, and rested real well though he snored like a bear. Soft tissue swollen made him snort pretty badly. But he was bright eyed and happy this morning and ate real well today.

Kristen thanks for the offer to visit I will definitely take you up on it. Glad to hear the stock got there okay. Yep the summer like to have killed me this year. I thought it would never end.

I too am late, but of course my heart and soul goes out to Buddy baby...

Get well precious!