BC Boards

Another spay

I'm sitting here in the lobby of a conference hotel in Clearwater Florida trying not to show tears that are suddenly welling up. DH took Meg in to be spayed this morning, I called the vet and they said that she was 'probably''resting' in a kennel waiting till the clip jobs are done. Does she have a chew toy? Is she scared? Are they going to let her exercise or even poop and pee somewhere other than her kennel? Does she know I love her and am not abadonning her? Oh shoot! This is awful. Who is there to play with her?

Awww...I feel for you. ~hugs~ It will be ok. I hated sending mine in too. I obsessed all day on whether they were ok, sad, missing me-etc.

I have a policy that I have negotiated with my vet. When a dog has to be anesthetized, I stay with her until the preliminary injection has made her groggy, then they can take her and intubate her for the surgical anesthesia.

When they tell me when she will be ready to go home, I always arrive about an hour earlier so that I can get her as soon as she can wobble on her legs.

Fortunately I am retired and can devote as much time to my dogs as they need.

I do know how you feel - I left both of mine on the same day. Just focus on that time when you can get her home - and if you trust your vet and know the staff, you'll know she'll be well treated - maybe even spoilt. Thinking good thoughts for you and Meg.

Originally posted by Bordercentrics:

I have a policy that I have negotiated with my vet. When a dog has to be anesthetized, I stay with her until the preliminary injection has made her groggy, then they can take her and intubate her for the surgical anesthesia.

When they tell me when she will be ready to go home, I always arrive about an hour earlier so that I can get her as soon as she can wobble on her legs.

Fortunately I am retired and can devote as much time to my dogs as they need.

That is awesome that they let you do that. They wouldnt let me go back with mine. :rolleyes:

I'm sure she'll be ok. I'll say a prayer for you and her. Tell me how it goes. God Bless

I'm glad to know i am not the only one with issues about leaving my baby at the vet's. She goes in for spaying soon and I feel like a traitor for doing this to her. She is already so timid and fearful of everything.

Like you I wonder if she will hate me.

Gwen