BC Boards

I Just found a 1948 copy of "Bob, Son Of Battle"

Wow, how very cool is that. I was born in 1947! so I can appreciate the antiquity, LOL! We love antique shops too. My husband has been collecting Blue Onion Porcelain (Misen sp?, with the cross swords) for years, and we have gotten some real old interesting pieces from antique shops off the beaten path. We like to drive down the old country roads and check out little shops in peoples basements and such. You can find some real valuable items sometimes.

Enjoy your find!

Bob son of Battle is my favorite I named my late Border Collie Bob. I found a really cool movie poster, original from the movie. It is really neat. Got it for $11 dollars on ebay. The guy that was going to frame it for me couldn't beleive I got it so cheap. I'll see if I can find a pic of it. I also have the video of the original movie, some really neat herding scenes in it.

Actually, the handwritten inscription on it says "Donald, Xmas 1948 from Mother and Daddy" but the only publishers info says "Copyright 1898 by Doubleday, Page and Company. All Rights Reserved Printed in United States" No edition info or re-print info. So I don't actually know what edition it is. Maybe 1st? Any bibliophiles out there?

One thing I noticed about that dog in the poster. Notice how much he looks like "our" BCs and NOT like the ACK BCs? Hmmm........now who is keeping to the breed and who ain't?

In fact, other than much more white on his face, his head structure and ears makes him look like a Jackson brother!

Oh I know, I just love my poster:) you should have seen me when I found it, and was bidding on it LOL I was already to pay a fortune for it. Yeah, DG, the framer and I talked about ironing and a couple of other things to try and fix it. I just need to get it done and framed. Ha, the poster was 11 bucks, guess how much the framing is, almost $300 I also have a small lobby card as well that's kind of cute. Oh and I agree on the looks of the dog. Bob looks a lot like my Bobster,and Mike, very traditional Border Collie.