BC Boards

Have you ever...

just looked over at your dog and just had a moment of utter "aww".

I'm sitting in my recliner right now, catching up on some homework, watching food network, contemplating dinner, and worrying over Eilidh.

But I looked down a few minutes ago and saw my Recon sleeping at my feet. She was flat on her side, snoozing hard, almost snoring. I was just quietly watching her, liking how relaxed she looked and how content she is. She opened an eye at one point and immediately focused on me, wagged her tail, and then went back to sleep.

I've had her since she was a tiny little thing and I purposely didn't get attached because she was meant to be a working dog for my step-father's dairy. But a few weeks with her, training her, her training me....wow. She's just an amazing little dog and I'm so so so glad my family tricked me into keeping her.

It just hit me, really. It's not a news flash or anything but the moment was just really sweet. I really love this dog. She's my heart, a best friend, and the reason I make myself get up every morning hours earlier than I have to because I want to spend the time with her.

Anyway, sorry, I'm rambling. But I figured you folks would be ones who really can understand.

I just really adore this dog and feel very special that she chose to love me.

I posted something similar to this a few months back. Riven is definately my soulmate in a dog. It sounds wierd, if someone doesnt have that type of friendship with their dog, but she is a rock for me in bad times for real! I pray and I know God is with me, and is handling everything, but there is just something about looking over and seeing the unconditional love of my lil dog.

With children and pets, it's always hit me most when they're asleep!

LOL That's the way it is for me too. There were times in the years past where I would just lay in bed staring at Oreo as she snoozed, thinking about how very lucky I was to share my life with her. I have moments like that with Zoe now. It's just such a wonderful feeling.

Yep, I have that same feeling too. When I'm down stairs doing school and I look over to my side and see Black Jack sleeping, eveything just seems ok. He does that too. I'll look over at him sleeping and he'll crack one eye open and wag his tail once or twice, then right back to sleep. Kind of like he's saying "hi, I love you" I know I'm really mushy, all these cute stories and all. I guess he brings that out in me :rolleyes:

I'm so glad you wrote this. Yes yes yes, many times a day, but especially at night when I survey the living room and see Sox, the cat, Meg and DH asllep comfortably around me. There are indeed those moments that seem to suffice for an entire lifetime.

But I looked down a few minutes ago and saw my Recon sleeping at my feet.

Do Border Collies actually sleep? Annie is like the Energizer Bunny; non-stop from the time she gets up in the morning until it is time to go to bed at night... :rolleyes:

I feel exactly the same, my Badger is nearly 13 and i still get that rush of love for him. He looks so content when he has had a run and is fast asleep, sometimes i cant resist going up to him and kissing him on his muzzle, he wakes up, looks into my eyes wags his tail and falls asleep again. If he is feeling really energetic, he wakes up and jumps on a toy :rolleyes: He is just the most selfless, faithfull friend ever.