BC Boards

Finally Back *long*

Can someone tell me if anything massive happened since Saturday? I moved and my internet isnt hooked up yet but I found this spiffy little AOL trial disk which will work till I get my DSL back on Monday.

Whats the latest on Miztiki's Boy?

I also have a story to tell. My husband, Riven, my best friend and her guy friend were all camping at the sand dunes. Her BF stayed behind and so my friend, DH, and Riven came to the lake with me. Long story short, my husband had to climb 3 massive sand dunes to find us about 3 miles total holding Riven the entire time cause the sand was burning her feet. Then we all walked about a mile and a half till we got where we needed to be. DH carried Riven the whole time while my friend was carrying a raft and I was carrying bags. I am married to a hero. Its funny the first thing he said when he found me was "You're the only person I'd cross sand dunes for" LOL Poor Riven her feet arent bothering her now, but he set her down once for a break and she hopped and layed down in the sand. Poor girl, so he picked her back up. At one break we found shaded sand, and she let me bury her legs and arms in sand. I told DH and my friend she lost her legs in the great sand debacle of 06 LOL

We're moved and our house has a big back yard fenced. Riven barks and has a fit if I put her out there and she cant see me. SHe was left in a backyard so I think she's afraid Im gonna leave her. But man if I go out there she tears across that yard and runs and runs and acts like a fool. Makes me wanna cry that she can run and be free now. She is such a good dog. My husband told me the other day he realized carrying her across all that sand that he loves her as much as our cat now. LOL... Aw... this coming from the guy who didnt want either.

Thanks for letting me share. :rolleyes:

My husband told me the other day he realized carrying her across all that sand that he loves her as much as our cat now. LOL... Aw... this coming from the guy who didnt want either.

That is sweet. My dad was professed pet hater when I was groing up it's too funny hearing him volunteering stories about the dogs now.

Any guy who would carry a dog that far to keep its feet from burning needs a hero award! What a great guy!

Sounds like your new place is heaven for Riven! It won't take long before he realizes he ain't out there for permanent!

Congrats!

P.S. Please be careful with the AOL! I have heard horror stories about their billing! My aunt spent 6 mos. trying to get them to stop billing her! Good luck!

ooo thanks for the warning. I'll cancel it on Monday well before my 15 day trial is up. Hopefully I wont have problems.

You are right about my hubby. He is wonderful. Three miles carrying *her* just to make sure I was ok. Aw, Im so blessed - I dont know what I did to deserve him but I am so happy I have him. =) I did feel bad for my best friend though. She is single and I think she felt bad no one came to look for her. -- Here's my family. IM000958a.jpg

Welcome back!! I hope you had a wonderful time while you were gone and congratulations on the new house with the Fenced In Yard! :rolleyes:

I loved the story of your husband carrying Riven all that way. How romantic! :D

Thanks for asking about Boy. He's doing pretty good. I heard back from the neuro a short while ago and updated the thread in the health section. That should bring you up to speed. He's doing pretty good though!

So are you going to post any pictures of your camping trip? I suppose I should look in the gallery and see! Welcome back, we missed you!

Wat a great hubby you have! :cool:

Makes me wanna cry that she can run and be free now
After testing her recall on a long rope for a few days when Kessie first came here, I let her run on a field, watched her play with the wind, and absolutely bawled my eyes out .

Congrats on the new place!

Isnt it funny how animals can just crawl their way into your heart? There are a lot of times she cracks me up, or she does something and Im so proud of her. But I cant help but wonder, is she happier here than she was with her previous family? I mean obviously they abandoned her, but she was sorta trained (sit and down), and she knew car rides, and swimming and camping things. So someone previously must have cared for her. Aw, I dont know. But Im happy we have her.

My husband is a doll, although Im irritated at him right now lol. I have to fight with him to get up every morning. He's like 5 more minutes, and Im like dude, 5 minutes doesnt matter! Get up!! lol - of course he gets up at the very last second to be to work exactly on time. But what am I gonna do? I mean he did cross 3 miles of sand carrying my dog to find me. LOL :rolleyes: