BC Boards

border aggression to teen age granddaughter

Patricia, thank you so much for the update. I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your husband's health. I do hope for a quick recovery so you guys can get back to enjoying your retirement and a good game of golf!

I'm glad to hear you continue to make progress with Logan. It had only been a couple of months since your last update and often these dogs from abusive situations take a great deal of time and patience to rehabilitate. It does sound like things are going well and continue to improve. You have made great strides with him and sound committed to continuing to work with him, he really is one lucky dog to have found his way into your heart and home. Thanks again for letting us know how things are going!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, TDFoster, for checking in. I really appreciate everyone on this forum. Logan is doing great. We are still cautious with him around strangers, but he is really calming down around friends and family. He is a funny dog. We still play with him every day at least 2 times for about an hour a day and it seems to keep him from getting antsy.

My husband has had so many health problems. He just had another small stroke right before Thanksgiving and had to spend the night in the hospital. It affected the peripheral vision in his right eye, so I have been his driver for a while. Then we had a small fire in the motorhome. He turned on the heater in the motorhome to keep it from freezing now that it is winter and getting colder at night. Some critter drug a rag into the duct work. I have no idea how, but it caught on fire. Thank goodness our son was here and was able to get to the duct work and put the fire out. So we have to have the duct work replaced and hope we can get the smoke damage out. I bought an ozone generator to help with that.

So, I will be glad when 2014 is a memory. It's been a rough year. However, our doggies are our blessings and I am glad we kept Logan. He is a good dog and tries very hard to stay that way. I have become very close to him, being his main source of entertainment. That cold nose tucks under the cover in the morning telling me to get up and get going.

Logan loves to go with us in the car or truck. He is very well behaved, doesn't bark or chew up things, just watches until he see's us come back. He really likes it now because it is cold or cool all day and so he gets to go more. He seems to know when my husband walks over to his wallet and phone, and he runs to the door and puts on this sad face. I hate to tell him no if we can't take him. But he is good and minds when we tell him he has to stay home. Now he is getting my little Ruger to want to go with us. Ella won't go. She is a homebody.

That's where we are. I am so surprised at the length of this forum topic. So many have been so good to help and I really appreciate all of you.

Pat