BC Boards

Raise your hand if you BC has feet like a tank!

For a 40lb dog Zoey has the heaviest feet I've ever heard or felt. You hear the thumping from across the house! She has learned to use her feet in the morning when she decides it's time for breakfast. She 'dances' around the bedroom making the room vibrate. :blink:

Anyone else with border collies that are not so light-of-foot?

Obligatory photo attached. She's missing teeth and that tongue never wants to stay in:

Zoey_zps24d0397a.jpg

Awww, your Zoey looks just like my beloved Disney we lost in January. She was 14. I miss her so much but now "my Zoey" has filled our hearts again, and she is very heavy footed as well. Maybe it's in the name??!! :lol: And not only is my Zoey heavy footed and hippity-hoppity like a bunny when excited, she also uses her claws like a cat does. I can't keep her nails trimmed and smoothed out enough without getting the occasional scratches when she literally grips part of me. Never had such a heavy footed dog like her either. And if I could figure out how to share a pic of her from my phone to my laptop via email or transferring from phone by usb cord(?) then copy/paste, whatever, I will post pics. I am so computer illiterate!! :blink:

My Border Collie has the fabled "cat feet", and makes no sound when walking, except the tiniest toenail clicking. My cat on the other hand, sounds like a Percheron as he clumps around the place. (Unless he's up to no good. Then he's silent as a ghost.)

My Border Collie has the fabled "cat feet", and makes no sound when walking, except the tiniest toenail clicking. My cat on the other hand, sounds like a Percheron as he clumps around the place. (Unless he's up to no good. Then he's silent as a ghost.)

Yup, I have a cat that sounds like a giant beast thumping around the house, it's a wonder he catches any mice, but he's a very successful hunter.

Sage has "tank feet" as well. He wakes me up by walking back and forth from our room to the kitchen. Though if that doesn't work he sticks his cold wet nose on the back of my neck. Star on the other hand is very quiet, not even toenail clicking from her. The cat is like Sage though. Thunder paws describes it well.

post-13506-0-33956900-1387597890_thumb.jpg

But when he shakes or does high five, watch out! He can club you those feet like they were lethal weapons . . . complete with the toes spread, claws extended lion feet!

I know this well. :) I have learned NEVER to ask for a high-five immediately after a toenail clip. Ouch!

I know this well. :) I have learned NEVER to ask for a high-five immediately after a toenail clip. Ouch!

Bodhi's a therapy dog and people are often asking him to shake paws. I have to be very vigilant, freshly clipped nails or not, and stop them before they get the request out completely, as I don't want him scaring anyone, especially kids too small to understand. :o