BC Boards

BC Love

I'm no stranger to dogs. I've had dogs for 12 years now, and have been training all this time. Most of my dogs have been scent hounds, but now I've experienced the joy of Border Collies.

They are such incredible dogs, aren't they? Every day Juno amazes me. My other dogs are smart, but Juno takes it above and beyond. She's not just smart and easily trainable, she actually *thinks* about what she is doing - something I have never seen in my hounds.

I thought I had the dog thing all figured out, for the most part. I know how to get reliable behaviours. I understand my dogs. But with Juno I feel like I'm a complete dog newbie; she pushes me to learn new things, to move past my comfort zone, to think about training in a different light. Her emotions are much more complex than my hounds', she's so much more sensitive and intelligent, and she reminds me more of a child than a dog.

Needless to say, since Juno arrived, I've grown and learned alongside her. I don't foresee future dogs being anything but Border Collie :D

I know just how you feel. One of my first threads was all about how Keeva has changed my life.

I too have trained and bred all kinds of breeds and nothing compares to the bond I have established with this dog.

Not that I havn't spent endless hours with this beautiful dog (she has made wanting to spend time with her easy.)

That is what is so great about BC's.

Good luck with Juno.

Keeva and I are getting sheep.

An endless adventure with this dog.

I know how you feel. My first BC was dumped on me and I did not even know she was a BC (because she was not black and white -- that is how ignorant I was of the breed). Even though it turned out that after two years I let a friend of mine have that dog, I became a BC person and I have never looked back. These dogs are a lifetime supply of fascination and learning opportunities. Juno will never cease to amaze you.

Welcome to the club!

I did not even know she was a BC (because she was not black and white -- that is how ignorant I was of the breed)

When I called to set up the new pup's first vet appointment, the vet tech asked me what breed and what color he was. When I told her he's a red border collie, she very confidently informed me "oh well in that case he can't possibly be a border collie, you must be mistaken. Border collies only come in black and white" rolleyes.gif Thankfully the vet is less ignorant.

When I called to set up the new pup's first vet appointment, the vet tech asked me what breed and what color he was. When I told her he's a red border collie, she very confidently informed me "oh well in that case he can't possibly be a border collie, you must be mistaken. Border collies only come in black and white"

OMG, but not surprising. I get asked all the time if my red tri is an Aussie.

Jovi