BC Boards

Joining the ranks.

After months of lurking on these boards and soaking up as much knowledge as possible, time has come for a proper introduction, I think. :) After fifteen years of pining, there’s now an 8-week-old BC pup sleeping between my feet – it couldn’t feel more surreal, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to have him! This is my Zoro:

post-12904-006902000 1338213036_thumb.jpg

He’s been here for a grand total of three days, and so much has happened already. He’s learning so fast, and growing bolder and braver by the minute, leaving me politely gobsmacked even though I thought myself quite prepared. :rolleyes: But it’s every bit as fun as I’d imagined, if not more.

Anyway, this is Zoro and I making our formal “hello”. It’s been an absolute pleasure wading through your clever, insightful and amusing posts on these boards during the past months, and I hope to keep on learning from all of you as my little chew-monster and I get properly started on our journey together. Questions will undoubtedly amount to bazillions in a matter of days, but at least I know where to humbly ask for (excellent) advice. :)

So loads of thanks to you all, and a tail-wagging hello!

- Sara

Welcome, Sara and Zorro. Good name for him....he looks like a Zorro. So glad that you are here -- I have found these boards to be the best resource ever for information and assistance with my BCs. Best of luck to you!

D'Elle

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! Your well wishes have already worked absolute wonders; we just had a major breakthrough with house-training, and both pup and owner are very pleased. ;) These boards are magical indeed!

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! Your well wishes have already worked absolute wonders; we just had a major breakthrough with house-training, and both pup and owner are very pleased. ;) These boards are magical indeed!

Welcome. I am fairly new here too. My pup is already 5 months old. I have learned so much from this group. I did not want to crate my pup and I was convinced by the group that it was the best thing for her and wow, her behavior changed in a matter of two weeks. It was the best thing for all of us. I have found such a wealth of information from the kind people in this group. Although I owned a Border Collie before, she was a rescue who was a year old before I got her. So, I was very new to the particular habits and nuances of a baby BC. This board helps so much. Good luck and many years of happiness with Zoro! I love that name!

Thank you both! :)

I have learned so much from this group. I did not want to crate my pup and I was convinced by the group that it was the best thing for her and wow, her behavior changed in a matter of two weeks.

Crating does seem to work wonders for people on here; I can imagine it'd definitely be a good way to give a pup (and adult dog) a bit of quiet time when needed. Unfortunately, we'll never get to try it as crating is illegal in Sweden, would you believe!