BC Boards

Headlines!!

Greetings BC-lings!

I'm a new member of the boards, but I've been lurking for awhile. I want to get involved! My family consists of one black/white border collie that is 2 years old and we are embarking on the raising of a red/white pup. She will be arriving soon! This is extremely exciting for me because the red pup will be my first raising of a baby. She is an ABCA pup from cattle herding lines. I don't agree with ACK! I'm curious to see if there will be a difference between a sheepherding bred pup and a cattle herding bred pup.

I have plans! I live in Alaska and the resources are minimal. I am working on starting up an agility program with my friend, which does not exist here! We are building equipment right now. Does anyone else live in Alaska and do agility? I really want to reach out.

I hope to have great conversations with al of you as well as hope to find agility friends!

Greetings BC-lings!

I have plans! I live in Alaska and the resources are minimal. I am working on starting up an agility program with my friend, which does not exist here! We are building equipment right now. Does anyone else live in Alaska and do agility? I really want to reach out.

I hope to have great conversations with al of you as well as hope to find agility friends!

Congrats on the pending addition! I will soon be getting a Border Collie puppy too! I like these agility books a lot:

Agility Right From the Start:

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2350&ParentCat=42

Agility Training For You and Your Dog:

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1659&ParentCat=42

Have fun! Agility is addicting :)

JoAnna

Welcome to the boards!

There are many resources for agility. Not so sure what they offer in Alaska, but maybe someone else here knows?? My favorite place to nerd out on agility is here:

www.agilitynerd.com

I too am getting a red pup!! I'm seeing a pattern in the replies... everyone is getting a pup. :wacko:

Good luck to you!!

There's also a member whose screen name is Alaska. She's not here a lot, but she does post fairly regularly. If you posted a topic looking for others in Alaska, you might find a few folks here.

J.

We live in Arizona, which also starts with an "A"....Is that close? B)

Congrats on the pending puppy.

• 3 weeks later...

Missed this post, but better late than never.

Here are some Alaska agility links:

Matanuska Agility Canine Handlers

Capital Kennel Club of Juneau

Alaska Dog Sports

Alyeska Canine Trainers

Plus, for Iditarod fans, Jeff King's wife is an agility enthusiast. He even built her an indoor arena to train in during the long winters (though he's been known to use it to work his own team when the temperature dips below -40).

There is also a small group of agility folks in Whitehorse YT.

Archived