BC Boards

Introduction

Hello everyone!

I am a new member..my name is Sarah. I joined, as I am wanting to get more information on working bred Border Collies and was told by afew people this was a good place to get that info! :rolleyes:

I own a year and a half old Australian Shepherd/Border Collie cross named Kate, although she looks and works more like an aussie then a BC. :D Ive owned Blue heelers before that..so Im familar with "working livestock" dogs..just not with BC's per say.

I hope to learn lots! thanks for letting me participate!

Sarah

I agree with Bus. Not allowed until we see pictures. Lots of them.

You came to the right place. Most of the dogs here are working dogs although there are few service dogs too.

Welcome aboard. Now young lady...

About those pictures.

I would love to post photos..but it says dynamic code is not allowed within the img?

very confused! LOL

Sarah

For what it's worth, I get the same "dynamic code error" when trying to

post from photobucket. I figured it was just me doing something wrong.

LOL! Ok, OK..trying to get some photos of my Kate-dog up..trying with links..hope they work!

This is Kate

Kate

Kate

Kate

this is Kate doing her job and keeping my chincoteague pony Pie off the fence. :rolleyes:

Kate working

All three of my pups..Kate, Lulu, my husband's catahoula hound mix, and Maggie, my son's blue heeler..waiting for dried Beef Trachea, their favorite goody!

Dogs

thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Sarah

kate.bmp

I knew it !!! She is beautiful !! Those are some really nice pictures Sarah !

I see the friendly nudging to get pictures up worked , LOL..

I absolutely love Kates markings , she is a real beauty. You say she is half BC and half Aussie ?

Thats a very cool cross , the best of both worlds you might say. The horses are gorgeous as well !

Welcome ! :rolleyes:

I knew it !!! She is beautiful !! Those are some really nice pictures Sarah !

I see the friendly nudging to get pictures up worked , LOL..

I absolutely love Kates markings , she is a real beauty. You say she is half BC and half Aussie ?

Thats a very cool cross , the best of both worlds you might say. The horses are gorgeous as well !

Welcome ! :rolleyes:

Ipsy, thank you for the nice comments on Kate..I love her dearly.

She was said to be an aussie..when I adopted her. come to find out, a friend of mine, from the town where I adopted her from, was the person who rescued Kate, her 7 brothers and sisters and her mother. he is the one that said her mother was a full BC that was a stray..who got pregnant by the neighbor's aussie and had her pups in an old abandoned barn..(these are all horse folks who live out in the country)..when the pups got big enough that they worried they would get near the road, my friend and his wife(who is on the BOD for the animal shelter) took the pups to Noah's Ark. my friend and his wife kept one of Kate's brothers and they say he is black and white and looks very much like a border collie..whereas Kate and some of the other pups got more of a merled coloring from their father.

she was a timid thing when I first got her, but we worked alot on overcoming that. I take her everywhere I can..she is a regular at my son's soccer practices and games. Everyone just loves her and she is a major attention hog. shes also my feeding buddy, my bed warmer, and my walking partner. she greatly helped me get over the loss of my special blue heeler about a year ago..he died from inoperable splenic cancer..I loved that dog. If I did not have Kate, I dont know what I would have done. She is definantly different, personality wise, then my heelers. :D

I am hoping to get Kate a Border collie friend and partner in the future, so am wanting to learn as much as I can about the fullblooded BC's

Sarah

Sarah, welcome!

Kate is gorgeous, and it's clear she's a very special dog. A coworker has owned BC/Aussie crosses, and swears they're the best dogs ever (though she's smitten by Duncan, my Border collie pup).

I have a soft spot in my heart for the name - we had a "Borderline" collie (sold to us as a Border collie, though we retained our doubts) named Kate. Our Kate thought she was a reincarnation of Nell Gwyn. Her role in life was to be adored and pampered, just like Charles II's mistress; following commands was for other dogs (especially Jack, our "real" Border collie, or Molly, the Border collie I owned for many years). Ask Kate to do anything, or tell her off for doing something she wasn't supposed to, and her response was the same: she'd bat her lovely eyelashes at you and smile. She graced our family's presence for a good seventeen years. We even shipped her to the UK (and back) while my family was living there. The only time I ever saw her exceed a genteel trot was when she spotted squirrels. Then the dog inside her emerged.

Sarah, welcome!

Kate is gorgeous, and it's clear she's a very special dog. A coworker has owned BC/Aussie crosses, and swears they're the best dogs ever (though she's smitten by Duncan, my Border collie pup).

I have a soft spot in my heart for the name - we had a "Borderline" collie (sold to us as a Border collie, though we retained our doubts) named Kate. Our Kate thought she was a reincarnation of Nell Gwyn. Her role in life was to be adored and pampered, just like Charles II's mistress; following commands was for other dogs (especially Jack, our "real" Border collie, or Molly, the Border collie I owned for many years). Ask Kate to do anything, or tell her off for doing something she wasn't supposed to, and her response was the same: she'd bat her lovely eyelashes at you and smile. She graced our family's presence for a good seventeen years. We even shipped her to the UK (and back) while my family was living there. The only time I ever saw her exceed a genteel trot was when she spotted squirrels. Then the dog inside her emerged.

Wow she is gorgeous and looks a lot like my BC/Aussie Finn. I too need practice on pic posting

Finn and Rowan http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=8ea07...p;id=1066470913

Sarah, welcome!

Borderline..interesting word!

your Kate sounded hilarious! My Kate is not so much on the pampering..but loves to lounge..Ive never seen a dog sleep with their feet straight up in the air or claim any blanket or soft pillow on the floor as hers..she loves soft things..go figure!

My Kate was named after Katherine of Aragon, Henry the 8th's first wife, and one of my favorite historical figures..so my Kate and your Kate had somewhat of a "royal:" connection..LOL

Sarah, have you met Jagger ? Check out the thread " Introduction Jagger" I think thats what it is, anyway , he's a beauty and needs a home. .....Just figured I would put that out there... :rolleyes:

Ipsy, thank you for the nice comments on Kate..I love her dearly.

She was said to be an aussie..when I adopted her. come to find out, a friend of mine, from the town where I adopted her from, was the person who rescued Kate, her 7 brothers and sisters and her mother. he is the one that said her mother was a full BC that was a stray..who got pregnant by the neighbor's aussie and had her pups in an old abandoned barn..(these are all horse folks who live out in the country)..when the pups got big enough that they worried they would get near the road, my friend and his wife(who is on the BOD for the animal shelter) took the pups to Noah's Ark. my friend and his wife kept one of Kate's brothers and they say he is black and white and looks very much like a border collie..whereas Kate and some of the other pups got more of a merled coloring from their father.

she was a timid thing when I first got her, but we worked alot on overcoming that. I take her everywhere I can..she is a regular at my son's soccer practices and games. Everyone just loves her and she is a major attention hog. shes also my feeding buddy, my bed warmer, and my walking partner. she greatly helped me get over the loss of my special blue heeler about a year ago..he died from inoperable splenic cancer..I loved that dog. If I did not have Kate, I dont know what I would have done. She is definantly different, personality wise, then my heelers. :D

I am hoping to get Kate a Border collie friend and partner in the future, so am wanting to learn as much as I can about the fullblooded BC's

Sarah

Sarah, have you met Jagger ? Check out the thread " Introduction Jagger" I think thats what it is, anyway , he's a beauty and needs a home. .....Just figured I would put that out there... :rolleyes:

LOL!..I have discovered I simply need to tell my husband I "found him in the yard at work"..and he'll let me keep any new "dogs"..

I want to make sure I am totally ready for a BC before getting one..my husband has set a strict limit of three pooches..Im wearing him down..gradually. :D

thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and compliments on my Kate..glad to see shes not the only BC/Aussie out there! :rolleyes:

It started snowing this AM and she was having a blast playing in it...

Oh Fluke goes crazy in the snow! The BCs like it, but Fluke takes snow to a whole other level! I'm jealous you are getting snow! We need more here!! Enjoy! :rolleyes:

thanks amanda! I will be nice and share..you can have ALL the snow you want..I am TIRED of it!

I agree with Bus. Not allowed until we see pictures. Lots of them.

You came to the right place. Most of the dogs here are working dogs although there are few service dogs too.

Welcome aboard. Now young lady...

About those pictures.

*In my best, Tim-the-Toolman-Taylor, HUH!???*

The only work Lewie does is when he's working me for treats or butt scratches. :rolleyes:

Archived