BC Boards

I've held out long enough.....

So ever since Shiloh decided to lift his leg to pee he is soaking himself in one way or another. He either hits his front leg as the stream passes, it rebounds off a tree or the worst one is a stream catching in his fur and running across his belly. Now that he has long hair he seems to get it somewhere every time we go outside. We have used wipes when we get back from our walk and he is very good at cleaning himself off, but still...it would be nice if it was an occasional incident!

Is this normal? Anything we can do? Should we trim his hair?

Ha Ha!!! I just had a heart to heart talk with Jake about that. Last night I let him out to pee before bed, didn't notice anything until I woke up about 2 am smelling pee, he was upside down next to me with his front feet near my nose. He has a habit of peeing on his right front foot...yuck.

Yep, Poke gets his front feet every once and a while. I always tell him that it is gross, but he just cocks his head to the side like I am crazy and keeps on soaking. :rolleyes: We wipe down feet as well. Soemtimes he will try and clean them off himself, double yuck. He'll bend down and lick his feet while peering up at me with a "Is this any better?" look. I'm just happy his feet aren't very white.

What about when they pee on each other? Our boys will all try peeing on the same patch of grass or bush or tree from different sides and hit each other from opposite sides :D But the worse is when one's sniffing and the other is peeing and the two run into each other...only happened a few times but seriously gross :D Nothing like the white markings on a dogs face having a yellow streak across the center :rolleyes:

LOL....Grady is my first boy dog and I think I wrote about this way back. Grady pees on his front feet ALL the time :rolleyes: I keep baby wipes handy for quick clean ups. He also insists on peeing wherever Lucia has just peed Once couldn't wait for her to finish. He watched her very intently and then his patiences got the better of him and peed on her instead of waiting until she was done :D

What about when they pee on each other? Our boys will all try peeing on the same patch of grass or bush or tree from different sides and hit each other from opposite sides :D But the worse is when one's sniffing and the other is peeing and the two run into each other...only happened a few times but seriously gross :D Nothing like the white markings on a dogs face having a yellow streak across the center :rolleyes:

TOO FUNNY!!!! mainly 'cause I can relate. :D

I don't know yet Jack still squats.... He is 10 mo old when should he start hiking his leg? He is around other dogs to see them hike their leg but at home the only animals are his cats and they don't hike. Shoot Ralph (in-laws bc) is three and still squats I think cause it takes to much time for him to hike his leg, last time he did he was pointed the wrong way from the tree not really a good example for Jack :rolleyes: She has a pic of him doing it I will have to get the pic and post it, it is so funny.

I don't know yet Jack still squats.... He is 10 mo old when should he start hiking his leg? He is around other dogs to see them hike their leg but at home the only animals are his cats and they don't hike. Shoot Ralph (in-laws bc) is three and still squats I think cause it takes to much time for him to hike his leg, last time he did he was pointed the wrong way from the tree not really a good example for Jack :rolleyes: She has a pic of him doing it I will have to get the pic and post it, it is so funny.

That is a blessing!! I wish Shiloh never started.... it just happened one day- like an instinct kicked in. I much, much prefer the squat.

Another funny storry, well kind of funny I was the one who had to give Jack a bath that was not the funny part. Jack is infatuated with the garden hose he loves to play in the water he was about 4 months old and Jeremy was mowing the lawn and thought he could just releive his self out side since his shoes were dirty and he is after all a man... Well Jack thought the stream was the water hose all I hear is "TAMI....HELP ME" ran out side to a soaking wet little guy chasing the stream and Jeremy turning in circles to keep Jack out of the stream..... needless to say Jack needed a bath badly after this :rolleyes: this broke Jeremy from going when Jack is out side :D

Another funny storry, well kind of funny I was the one who had to give Jack a bath that was not the funny part. Jack is infatuated with the garden hose he loves to play in the water he was about 4 months old and Jeremy was mowing the lawn and thought he could just releive his self out side since his shoes were dirty and he is after all a man... Well Jack thought the stream was the water hose all I hear is "TAMI....HELP ME" ran out side to a soaking wet little guy chasing the stream and Jeremy turning in circles to keep Jack out of the stream..... needless to say Jack needed a bath badly after this :rolleyes: this broke Jeremy from going when Jack is out side :D

My first thought would have been, Dear Lord, what are the neighbors thinking ! :D :D I have to say, this one really made me laugh today....

Yeah, Ouzo has marked a number of dogs this way :D No one complained - luckily no owner ever saw this happening :D

I don't know yet Jack still squats.... He is 10 mo old when should he start hiking his leg? He is around other dogs to see them hike their leg but at home the only animals are his cats and they don't hike. Shoot Ralph (in-laws bc) is three and still squats I think cause it takes to much time for him to hike his leg, last time he did he was pointed the wrong way from the tree not really a good example for Jack :D She has a pic of him doing it I will have to get the pic and post it, it is so funny.

Nico JUST started lifting the leg and he is going on 2. Don't know if there's a direct relation, but it seemed to start up when he had to stand on uneven snow and one leg was already higher than the other.

Yesterday we were coming in the house and he started sniffing like crazy. I thought he was smelling a rabbit or cat so i called him and he totally ignored me. This is the first time in I don't know how long that he ignored the recall. I thought he must smell something really good, so I grabbed his leash before he could take off. He led me to some pee in the snow, smelled it a lot, and lifted his leg like it was no big thing. He has never been interested in pee before. In fact right before this incident we were at the dog park and he was down on the ground, locked on the ball, waiting for me to throw it. Another dog came up and tried to sniff him and Nico completely ignored the dog's presence. After a second the dog peed right on his back end/leg area, and he still didn't turn around. :rolleyes:

Rock, our 3.5 yr old boy still pees on his front paw every now and then - at first it really bothered us and now, well, it is just something he does. Every now and then he also pees on Isla's head... What can you do? Like the dust monsters in the corner we just all live with it.