BC Boards

Actions

Thanks, guys! :D I think... :rolleyes::D :D

No, we guess it's good, but I have been upset that it's going to put a wrinkle in my plans to get a farm soon (we think now me being located close to work is a pretty big priority, and money has to go to other things than hobbies at the moment). And I guess there will have to be at least some hiatus in our sheepdog training :D It changes a lot of stuff, really. But not how I feel about Odin - he's still my #1 guy and will be afterwards too. He luuuurves babies. Like, if he sees someone walking with a baby carrier of any kind he absolutely melts and his tail starts wagging in big circles, just because he might get to *look* at the kid. I am excited that I have the best kid dog ever. :D

Sorry to hijack your thread, JLJ. I don't think the kid deserved it but I do think he sounds like a real brat, to say the least.

Thanks, guys! :D I think... :rolleyes::D :D

No, we guess it's good, but I have been upset that it's going to put a wrinkle in my plans to get a farm soon (we think now me being located close to work is a pretty big priority, and money has to go to other things than hobbies at the moment). And I guess there will have to be at least some hiatus in our sheepdog training :D It changes a lot of stuff, really. But not how I feel about Odin - he's still my #1 guy and will be afterwards too. He luuuurves babies. Like, if he sees someone walking with a baby carrier of any kind he absolutely melts and his tail starts wagging in big circles, just because he might get to *look* at the kid. I am excited that I have the best kid dog ever. :D

Sorry to hijack your thread, JLJ. I don't think the kid deserved it but I do think he sounds like a real brat, to say the least.

You'll be just fine, honest. Even planned pregnancies shake mom and dad up for a few weeks and yes, priorities tend to get readjusted. But you've sure got the right dog for the job of Nanny!

Liz

He luuuurves babies. Like, if he sees someone walking with a baby carrier of any kind he absolutely melts and his tail starts wagging in big circles, just because he might get to *look* at the kid. I am excited that I have the best kid dog ever. :rolleyes:

That's exactly how Ouzo is :D Ever since he met our then-1-year-old niece in Montreal two years ago, he checks baby carriers to give big slurpy kisses. And this is a dog who wouldn't dream doing that to an adult he doesn't know, because, you know, he's too cool for that :D

Hi all,

This op has bothered me for so long that I have to join in. The post stated that the boy was 10 or 11. If he was a big kid he may have been as young as nine. It is completely unacceptable that this child was jumped on by the same dog twice. I wonder if everyone would be so happy with the dog if the child fell off his bike and broke his arm.

We don't know that the boy knew that he was braking the rules. The nasty face that he made may have been shock and fear(his only dealings with dogs may be this dog who just (in his eyes) attacked him. Or it could have been a look of disbelief that you did not say "sorry my dog bit you." Even if he was being a little fresh, I don't think it warrents being jumped on again by the same dog. There is no reason that this dog was not secured until the child was out of sight.

Children are a bit like unruly puppies. They sometimes take a while to grow up and show their best manners.

Thanks for letting me vent,

beth

Frankly I am surprised the OP posted this. If the parents want to file suit this thread is enough ammunition for them to start. The first attempted nip should have been enough of a warning to the owner (who I think also is a member of the Arizona Rescue?) to attach the lead and leave. This is one more case of bad manners, regardless of whose "fault" that can be detrimental to the dog owning public in general. I wouldn't be advertising this behavior if I was in your shoes.

Congrats Ooky!

I am not much of a kid person, and also unexpectedly found myself pregnant 6yrs ago (it was twins too haha, not to freak you out), I love my kids and they are very dog and animal savvy, I would love to say they are wonderfully behaved all the time but they are kids so they aren't but they do respect. Anyway, I love my kids, still don't care for others peoples that much. I do have to say that I have found the relationship between my dogs and my babies as they have grown up has been really really neat and not what I expected.