BC Boards

I hate to see border collies in puppy mills

I just stumbled onto this by mistake. They have an internet ad that comes up when I put in border collie art.

Do you know you can buy a border collie/australian shepherd cross for only $650. What a deal.

Step right up folks.

They breed their own dogs and also sell dogs for other breeders. I guess that makes them a broker?

They not only have about a zillion different breeds but they all cost about $700 or more. And they also have a whole bunch of designer dogs, too.

Wow!

http://www.laughlinkennel.com

Just an aside: there is a woman here in Kansas City that is selling labradoodles for $3500. And I think she a backyard breeder. Man, I missed my calling.

I just stumbled onto this by mistake. They have an internet ad that comes up when I put in border collie art.

Do you know you can buy a border collie/australian shepherd cross for only $650. What a deal.

Step right up folks.

They breed their own dogs and also sell dogs for other breeders. I guess that makes them a broker?

They not only have about a zillion different breeds but they all cost about $700 or more. And they also have a whole bunch of designer dogs, too.

Wow!

http://www.laughlinkennel.com

Just an aside: there is a woman here in Kansas City that is selling labradoodles for $3500. And I think she a backyard breeder. Man, I missed my calling.

I don't understand. You call that a deal? My daughter told me she paid $500 for Jin. I always sold pups for about the same price. So I guess tI need to be brought up to day. How much is a B C pup these days?

I don't understand. You call that a deal? My daughter told me she paid $500 for Jin. I always sold pups for about the same price. So I guess tI need to be brought up to day. How much is a B C pup these days?

Sorry. I was being sarcastic. Around here border collie/Aussie crosses are considered Oops dogs and probably go for $50.

This whole designer breed thing seems to be taking off. It is a new money maker for back yard breeders. My co-worker bought a Cotralian (cocker/aussie) recently for $500. One of my students told me the other day that they have a new puppy. So excitedly I asked, "what kind?" "A Morkie....Uhhh..a what?...Morkie"...So I racked my little brain and came up with.."you mean a Maltese/Yorkie mix?" Yup....The breeders market these dogs as having all of the good characteristics of the 2 breeds and none of the bad ones. In fact, I am sometimes asked if my Cadi is one of those new miniature golden retrievers. Nope..just a good old $50 SPCA mutt thank you very much. :rolleyes:

They must at least keep it pretty clean. Visitors are welcome there. The puppy mills around here are so awful and usually the people living there just live in total filth.

Cleaner than the average PM. Everyone who lives around here knows exactly what it is and wants it shut down. But as they say, there is a sucker born every minute...

This whole designer breed thing seems to be taking off. It is a new money maker for back yard breeders. My co-worker bought a Cotralian (cocker/aussie) recently for $500. One of my students told me the other day that they have a new puppy.

That sounds like a seizure disorder waiting to happen. I'd almost lay money on it. We've had pet store contracts and the designer dogs often sell for more than the purebreds. Which really doesn't matter since any pup bought from the pet store is likely to be a mess.

From the contract.

Health Warranty Limitations

The puppy is a living creature and may require veterinary care for any number of reasons.

*MAY* require vet care? May? *shakes head*

How the heck ISN'T that place shut down yet? I don't understand. Even a sucker has to be REALLY stupid to think that this could even pass as a reputable place to get a puppy. I just love how their suggestion to find the right breed is through an online quiz. Oh and their contract is a riot.

Ugh.