BC Boards

My dog was viciously attacked!

So I was walking Buddy on a side street today, and suddenly saw a little Border Kitten darting directly at him. I quickly tried to reel the dog in: if another dog charges at him, he's all teeth and snarling. I was afraid the kitten might be swatted and squashed.

The kitten ran directly around to Buddy's butt and gave him a big swipe with her little paw. Buddy jumped in fear and darted away. For about five minutes, the kitten randomly stalked, pounced at, and generally attacked Buddy. He ducked a bit and play-bowed a bit and acted a wee bit trepidatious. He seems to really like cats, and is always a bit disappointed when they hiss at him.

Seriously, this thing was so cute I'm actually considering buying Buddy a baby cat. I wonder if in his previous life, he had a kitty friend.

Mary

My cat Pi LOVED my last foster - they'd wrestle each evening while we were on the couch watching TV; it was one of the most amusing things I've seen. :rolleyes: I say get Buddy a cat if you want - there are certainly a ton who would love to live the high life with you guys.

The best part of Jack's evening is when he and Mahalo, the stray kitten we found last July, have their big wrestling match. Last night he got so silly that he had an attack of the zoomies and Mahalo took refuge on the club chair and watched the show. Jack is very gentle but Mahalo plays to win! They are good buddies and when I let her out of the mud room in the morning, he is the first one that she greets.

Not the greatest picture because my son had to snap it quickly:

IMG_0379.jpg

ETA: Love the avatar, Mary!

I just adopted a 6 month old Siamese kitten for and early b-day present for Paul and he has been the best addition to the house. Cob (the kitten) is convinced he should cuddle with Smudge and likes to guard the stairway and keep Renoir from going upstairs. He has also figured out that the fosters are safe so last night was chasing Ruby around the couch, poor dog didn't know what to do, she looked so embarrassed. I agree, look into a cat, they bring a completely different type of joy and comedy into a home.

I got Pepper as a kitten about 3 years ago now. Missy has always stalked the cats a bit, but is gentle with them. Pepper quickly made friends with Miss and taught her how to play with him. Now when Pepper comes to the house on his daily rounds (he's a barn cat) he treats Missy as if she's his long lost buddy.

My last BC Bas has been reincarnated at Sebastian the Monter a black cat who thinks he's a BC. Jin's best friend since the day Jin came home.

Sebastian drinks from the dog dish with his feet on the edge of the bowl. Jin walked up looking for a drink and Sebastian wacked him. Jin just sat there. The hardest part of owning the 2 of them is getting a picture of them in action.

12 wk old Jin and 2 year old Sebastian

post-9810-1237770838_thumb.jpg post-9810-1237770846_thumb.jpg