BC Boards

Update on Odin!

Well, after lots of phone calls and arrangements, a $600 plane trip, a $300, 2 day drive across the province and an awkward intro to a new place, here's my puppy:

hifromnfldsmallue9.jpg

odinpic3mn0.jpg

He's won over one of the dogs that live here but still has to win over the other two but other than that he's as happy as a pig in mud. He had quite the surprise today though when he ran into the ocean thinking it was as drinkable as the lake :rolleyes:

And this is a little off topic but does anyone rember that thread with the pictures of all the different looking pure bred BC? Someone had asked for people to post it for a calandar or something I think . . . I'm asking because I want to show a friend how different BCs can look without being mixed with any other breed!

Glad it's all over and done with! He does look very happy! :cool:

Well, the flight must have gone well for him because he was as normal as could be when I picked him up. The take really good care of animals at Air Canada Cargo, that's why I chose them even though the other companies were cheaper.

Me and my friend left Black Duck Brook, wayyy on the west side of the Island on saturday afternoon. We stayed overnight in Gander, about 5 hours out of Saint John's(which is the easternmost part of the Island) and then drove the rest of the way on Sunday morning.

Odin's flight came in at 4:30pm and we were on the road again by 5. We only stopped for a half hour once for supper and then a few pee stops for Odie, getting home at 4:15 this morning. Odin was a doll for the whole 500 miles, sleeping most of the time, but popping up from time to time to see what was going on.

It was an exhausting trip, but well worth it. This couldn't have gone more smoothly.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering why the heck we drove 500 miles and back to get him home, well, Air Canada Cargo doesn't fly to any of the closer airports with live animals :rolleyes: Provincial Airlines, the airline that flies within Newfoundland, would have brought him right to Stephenville (only an hour away) but the only flight leaves a full 5 hours after the Air Canada Cargo flight arrives from Toronto. I don't know anyone in Saint John's who would have met Odin at the airport and waited with him for 5 hours to put him on the other plane, so we had to drive.

Anyway, in the second picture, I was crouched behind a wood pile and called out to Odin . . . I had the camera ready to snap a pic right when he rounded the corner. :D

Thanks for the link RaisingRiver!!