BC Boards

A really good guardian angel

I volunteer in a SAR group, However, we prepare to help people... but past friday we were called to an unusual case. Local authtorities, the police and firefighters had refused to act, but a TV program called us because they knew we have the training, the equipment, and we love dogs.

Two GSD/dobberman mix ppupies, of one and half months of age had fallen 9 meters in a well two days ago. The walls were very frail and there were the added risk to kill the ppupies if the walls crumbled over them, so we couldnt touch the walls or aproximate to the borders in any way.

As a result, the puppies were rescued and, miraculously, without any harm even after the fall, the time and the cold. As healthy, happy and playful as any pup. That's a good job for their guardian angel!

s40209318nz.th.jpg

I know that this is totally unrelated to the topic, but I am going to offer the observation nonetheless.

It finally struck me as to the global nature of our camaraderie. Consider this thread; we have posts from Chile, Japan, the UK, and the US, all on a topic of common interest and exhibiting a shared love and concern. Wouldn't it be nice if our political leaders could share the same universal concern and camaraderie?

Hey Bustopher you forgot Holland and Germany ... personally I'd just like to get rid of our so called leader then worry about the next one getting on better with the rest of the world (although in my opinion the one we've got gets on a little too well with George W Bush if you ask me, he's permanently stuck to his @ss :rolleyes::D:D ... only kiddin, well sort of)

Sorry that was way OT

Catu & company - Congratulations on a job well done!

AH...Bustopher....don't forget us Canucks!! :rolleyes:

OOPS...just 're-read' your message..about it being 'this thread' but I'm here now :D

These are the kind of stories that not only warm the heart & soul, but restore faith in humankind!

Bless you all!

PS... where do the pups go now? are you keeping them :rolleyes:

Thank's you all! There is refreshing to me to have done it too. Most of times there are no happy endings and this is the first one since I'm in K-SAR. Could have been "just dogs" to other people, but surely it helps me to keep working.

The pups are still with her mother, we thought about to keep at least one of the pups to train him, they are little tough guys to survive waht they did, but we are short of handlers to give him now and even when I would love to have another dog, I have no space to. In the other hand, I knew the mother (the dobberman one) and she has a lot of insecurity problems to my taste (the kind of potential fear bite) so, I would think twice on these pups to SAR work.

P.S.: There are Italians, too.