BC Boards

IS my BC not really a dog?

I sometimes think Bandit, who I've been calling Bandi more often, is either a magican, Allien, or something else other than a dog. I know Border Collies are a lot different than your average dog. But, for example...So many times when he is just sniffing the ground and I take my eyes off him for an instant, he disappears and I see him 50 ft away still sniffing the ground. I never catch him in motion. It's like something out of the movie Matrix. He suddenly just appears somewhere else. As if he can bend time! :rolleyes:

Well, didn't you know, BCs are shape-shifters? Oh, yeah, you can have them at your feet, and next thing you know they are gone! Quick little devils, everyone of them! Even Lucy, who only runs if it is absolutely needed, can cover some ground without me realizing it! Yep, shape-shifters, that's the answer.

Duncan was absolutely convinced he was a people. He would climb into a chair during meals and sit there looking at the place in front of him, then at us, then back at his spot, just waiting to be served (we never did give him a plate). During conversations he would watch the face of the person talking and make comments in response or raise and lower his eyebrows as if in deep thought. Once during a "family meeting" we all paused to think for a moment and he made a noise that sounded exactly like a person saying, "Huh?" I really think that is what he meant too. While on vacation I got lost and asked Duncan to lead me back to our cabin; he did. I accidentally locked myself out of my truck with Duncan inside. He handed me the keys through a crack in the window. Duncan was not a dog, he was my friend.

Guest SweetJordan
If that's not on a bumper sticker, it should be.

Haha. I saw one that said "My border collie is smarter than President Bush."

Anyway, Riley does that. I'll think she's still there and I turn around and she's gone. And I'll see that she's in a different spot without having noticed that she moved from the first.

"My border collie is smarter than President Bush."

But so are a lot of things that have never conquered dry land...to a border collie, it's almost an insult! (Sorry, but if the man calls himself the "world leader" or whatever it was, the world can have an opinion!)

Kyla is (almost) a cat. Just imagine her tail softly and thoughtfully beating from side to side, and you have a cat:

DSCF7083kl.jpg

She rubs her head against you just like a cat, rolls around on her back chewing on your hand just like a cat, and she even purrs when you rub her - she can't hold a real, sustained purr up, but she certainly tries to. Long grunts in a row are the result. :rolleyes:

Stormy if definately one of the *cat* crowd. First time I took him to a dog park his paws got dirty...he cleaned them up nice and purty before we got home. There's other catlike things he does, too. Especially climbing trees.

Lori

Very enjoyable replys to read.

I too think Bandit reminds me of a cat often. Like when I brought him home from shelter he jumped up on window sill with the ease of a cat. He also licks his paws like a cat.

I think he liked me when he first saw me in front of his cage. So he entertained me before he chose me to take him home with me. :rolleyes:

Lance (owned by Bandit)post-5520-1199146915_thumb.jpg

On my surburban I have a bumper sticker that says "It's a Border Collie thing, you wouldn't understand" :rolleyes:

My little guy is a monkey too. He has long legs!! He could probably drive if he wanted to :D

Guest SweetJordan
On my surburban I have a bumper sticker that says "It's a Border Collie thing, you wouldn't understand" :rolleyes:

Hehe and very true as well!

I think we're all kind of in our own little world(BC world that is).