BC Boards

Usher has been re-homed

Don't freak out guys- My mom & I just bought 2 new houses in :rolleyes: the total burbs- That's what mama wants, that's what mama gets. LOL. Our back yard is so small you could spit to the next one. Luckily, they have 3 parks in the sub-division and a pool - way neat for me. Grand kids too. The house is totally master craftsmanship home built. And our deal was so sweet, they wouldn't print it in the MLS. :D After we signed the final papers, I saw a VERY cute guy my age with a tri-colored BC very well trained, almost to the point where I asked if he did obedience. BUT.......I kept my cool. They have paths to walk your dog, both on and off leash, so, I think Usher will adapt well.

My mom is very happy having probably the most beautiful home in her life and me.........h#ll. I could live out of a shoe box as long as I have my dog.

HERE'S THE FRONT OF USHER'S NEW HOME

mine.jpg

Please wish me luck with Mom. I'd rather be living on 5 acres.

Dianne

Then you'd get his cutie pie Granddaughter as a bonus.

I opened this thing thinking, "Oh holy $%^, how can I find the positive in this?"....ok, ok, this is a beautiful gesture for her mother, making peace, yadda yadda...why didn't she ASK us....what can I say? Poor Peep!!

And now if you were standing in front of me I'd be hard put not to whack at you. :rolleyes::D :D

And not even a smiley to soften the title. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you really lucked out on the housing front, but I know what you mean about wishing for more land - I'm a country girl myself and living in an apartment is driving me a bit nuts right now. At least you'll ahve some yard. :D

Wow! Nice place, Dianne! Where is your mom in comparison to you? Is she right next door? What area are the houses in? I'm sure Usher will be very, despite the little yard. Heck, I have two acres, and these guys sit on my feet.

Oh, when you see the BC guy again, give him my number, wouldja? I'm single now, remember? Oh, and I think Iron Horse is married, but I could be wrong. LOL

Jodi

:rolleyes: Your new house is beautiful! I love that modern craftsman style, and the dynamic with your mom is going to be so much better this way. You'll both still have your privacy, while you'll be able to help her 95% as easily as if you were actually in the same house. Good for you both to find such a nice solution. I hope you meet nice friends (men AND women) through dog walking and the dog parks. It's too bad about not getting acreage in the trade-off though, isn't it. But my bet is that you will thrive!

And you know, your title didn't even faze me a bit. I just thought, "Oh, they moved." I guess I've read your posts enough to sense that you and Usher don't plan to be separated!

And you know, your title didn't even faze me a bit.

Well, it fazed me! I wouldn't even open it when I first read the title.

Dianne, it sounds like you found the perfect solution! Congrats! I have no doubt you and Usher will be happy! And your mom too.

Wow! Nice place, Dianne! Where is your mom in comparison to you? Is she right next door? What area are the houses in? I'm sure Usher will be very, despite the little yard. Heck, I have two acres, and these guys sit on my feet.

Oh, when you see the BC guy again, give him my number, wouldja? I'm single now, remember? Oh, and I think Iron Horse is married, but I could be wrong. LOL

Jodi

Mom is right next door. No way do you get that guy's phone #. I just broke up with my BF last week-end and need a BC guy in my life. LOL!!!!

Oh, the houses are in Settlers Park. Off Eagle and McMillian. Smack dab in the city. NOT what I wanted but best for my mom. We are going to have a gate put between the back yards so we can sneak between at night in our PJ's. Can you believe we can move in before November? NOW.......I've got to sell my house!!!!

If you're connecting the yards, does that mean that Usher can have access to both? If that's the case, why not just combine the yards completely (i.e. take down the middle fenceline) so you can use all the space too?! :rolleyes:

Check spell check Dianne, and ask Iron Horse if he is single.

Hmmm what did you have in mind Gorgeous? (with a brand new house) :rolleyes:

Yes I am married going on 37 years next month and even though I strongly disagree my DW says my stud fee just isn't worth it.

ETA; She did say she would waive any fee just to be rid of me though. :D

If you're connecting the yards, does that mean that Usher can have access to both? If that's the case, why not just combine the yards completely (i.e. take down the middle fenceline) so you can use all the space too?! :rolleyes:

My Mom, unlike me, is anti-dog hair and poop.

Don't get me wrong, my Mom really loves Usher- she just wishes he didn't have any hair and would get out from under her feet. Getting her that Border Collie magazine was the best thing I did. NOW she is an authority on BC's- LOL.

When she was very ill about 8 years ago I flew down to L.A. to take care of her, taking my heart dog, Miss Lacey and I really believe that Miss Lacey brought her out of her illness. She never left her side. You'd think she'd be used to the hair and my funny border collies by now.

Too bad you're married Iron Horse - I just love those long haired hippie dudes!!!

Ah now I see one of the greatest benefits to separate houses. :rolleyes:

Heehee, yep I agree. Good fences make good neighbors. There is a gate between our yard and the next door neighbors, and sometimes we have it open so Daisy and Rocky (big chocolate Lab) can play together, sometimes closed. But since Daisy's house manners are more suited to our lax housekeeping, it's better to keep the gate closed when we're not there, as they have a dog door. They would come home to find Daisy asleep on their nice sofa, with Rocky nervously pacing the floor, worried because he knew that a dog was being bad! When we got Daisy we had to put up a 4' x 8' piece of plywood to make our fence taller so Daisy wouldn't jump it into their yard. Here is a picture of my niece Erin from two years ago after we'd painted it, which was fun even though it's ended up mostly hidden behind the ficuses.

Erin_006.jpg

Darn you!!!! :rolleyes: Make me have a heart attack. I have high speed internet and in between pages loading I thought, "Why would she get rid of that sweet dog? I wonder if I could get him? lol"

Congrats on the house though. I hope it all works out for you.