BC Boards

Introducing us...

Hi everyone. I have been reading these boards since before I picked up my new border collie puppy in September. I have learned so much from you all I thought I had better introduce myself. I live in Ontario, Canada and my puppy Toby is now 12 weeks old. I am having some problems with his mouthiness, which we are working on. Just when I think we are making some progress he gets worse again. I suppose it is just a puppy thing and I will have to wait it out. We are starting in puppy classes next week and I hope to get involved in agility when he is older. I am crossing my fingers that he has gotten the housetraining thing. There have been no mistakes in the house in three days, so that is a good thing. I will try to post a picture of him with this post, hopefully it will work.

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

At his age, mouthiness is probably normal. He's such a cute baby. As my husband's grandmother said when Chuck emptied the cupboards and turned every pan into a drum, "What could he do wrong?"

Welcome. That's a cool looking pup. Have fun with him.

OMG, look at the first one! ATTITUDE! :rolleyes: I love him already. Welcome!

Welcome Robyn and Toby the cutie pie! We went through similar mouthy stuff with Hoku, and he got over it. We would yelp loudly when he hurt, and would put chewable things(rope bone, kong, etc) in his mouth when he got in the monster mouth moment. We used bitter apple to teach him what was not OK to chew (the couch, rug fringe, etc) which worked great. When he was done growing teeth, it was over. But he still loves to chew, and we make sure he has lots of choices. We have been lucky, and not lost anything to his chewing. Rather trip over chew toys then buy new shoes!

Kristin, Hoku and Gussy