BC Boards

Gosh this is like having a toddler.lol

Yeah, I'm with Anda - it's preparing me for motherhood. :rolleyes: Same thing around here - "It's quiet. Do you see them?? ZEEKE! ZOE!!" "What's in your mouth?! Give that here!" "Honey, was that bang from you? No? Crap.... DOGS COME HERE!!"

Hahaha Natalie: that's exactly the dialog in our house. Or "It's too quiet, go check on him, he's probably doing something he's not supposed to"! Or " Look at all your toys spread out in the livingroom!" "Why did you push that ball under the couch, I had just got it out for you!" "Don't eat it, spit it out!" "You have to eat something! You can't survive just on air and play!" or "If you eat just a bit of your food, then we can play with the plastic apple" (one of his favorite toys lately, after he lost all his tennis balls to TB Prohibition) or "Why did you have to distroy that toy, I just bought it for you 2 hrs ago? You're not getting any new toys!"

Lol... Not to worry. Soon enough they will be going through the doggy teenage stage.

Hhhmmmm... I wonder which stage do you guys think is worse...? :rolleyes:

The most difficult part of bringing up a puppy for me has been "first time mother syndrome". DH assures me that raising Meg so far as been VERY much like having a baby/toddler.

Now that she's a teenager and has finished her puppy obedience and three week obedience train camp I'm suddenly aware just how much responsibility parents have in bringing out the training in the 'teen'.

Consistency, control, rules, supervision, fairness, consequence, calmness, confidence building, introduction to work, balance. What a perscription for raising any teenager. Too bad I raised myself or this would have been a breeze.

Beth, I think your prediction has come true yesterday. He's rebeling. And not in a good way!

Last night I went to bed, and I smelled something funny. I thought it was comming from outside.

Anyway, decided to get into bed when suddenly I jumped out: the bedsheet felt cold and wet!!!!

What?!!?!?!? This has never happened before, not even when he was just 2 months old!

In disbelief I uncovered the bed and it was true!!!!!! He had pee-ed all over the bed, the covers, and it got to the matress!!!

I thought I would go nuts! It was late, I needed to rest, and how do I spend my Sunday night? Cleaning after someone who, suddently, decided he's a BIG MALE!

Hmmmmm, he's not even 7 months old! Big baby, maybe!

As soon as he saw that we discovered his "greatest achievement EVER", he immediatly put his ears down and looked as guilty as a dog can!

We were mad, but we couldn't stop laughing at his face.

Anyway, long story short: we had to spend the night on the couch to let the bed dry out after cleaning it!

Man, oh, man, those early teen years!

:rolleyes:

The nice thing about puppies is that it is all a fuzzy sweet memory in a year. The kid thing lasts 18-25 years!!!

The hard thing about puppies is those 18-25 years are condensed down into one, meaning the mischief comes at a breakneck pace!

I left our golden puppy alone for less than 60 seconds to answer the phone and she ate the whole entire corner of a wall in our condo. And we were renting!! She could not be left alone for one second until she was 8 months old. And then a miracle occurred and she morphed into the world's most perfect dog (next to Scout, of course) No crate needed anymore, no more chewing the house down, only occasionally stealing unknown childrens' ice cream cones.....

Hope you got all dried out, Anda. Nothing like wet surprises to keep life interesting.

Tammy,

It looks dry...I guess we'll find out in about a couple of hours

Meanwhile, Mr. Pipi is not allowed any more in the bedroom or on the bed.

I can totally relate to the eating of the wall, Ouzo has a PhD in redecorating our apartment.

I realized he actualy turned 7 months old yesteday. What a joy

Originally posted by Anda:

Beth, I think your prediction has come true yesterday. He's rebeling. And not in a good way!

Last night I went to bed, and I smelled something funny. I thought it was comming from outside.

Anyway, decided to get into bed when suddenly I jumped out: the bedsheet felt cold and wet!!!!

What?!!?!?!? This has never happened before, not even when he was just 2 months old!

In disbelief I uncovered the bed and it was true!!!!!! He had pee-ed all over the bed, the covers, and it got to the matress!!!

Ohhhh Man!! I am so sorry. I wonder what happened?

Pepper just pooped on the rug today. She tried to tell us she had to go out but I guess hubby was putting on his shoes too slow...lol.

Tess (2-1/2 years old) is a shy dog, and very submissive. She would never THINK of getting onto the bed uninvited, for example.

Kipp (1 year old) on the other hand, is a complete terror and has been since we brought him home. He is a delightful dog, easy to train, easy to get along with, loves everyone, cuddles with me (the only cuddly thing I have, actually, out of 1 horse, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and my husband) and loves to just hang out, but he is a COMPLETE TERROR if left unattended for more than 4 seconds. :rolleyes:

Apparently my mom had friends over while was watching my dogs for me once and the one friend had a roll of toilet paper with her to blow her nose because she had an awful cold. My mom warned her to not put it on the floor. :D You can see where this is going. :D So then the friend went to get her toilet paper and looks down and not only is not only gone, but there is a little trail of toilet paper bits scattered EVERYWHERE and two very satisfied-looking dogs at the end of it. Apparently all the ladies laughed so hard they cried and could hardly breathe.

Border collies are not for the lacking-in-sense-of-humor, that's for sure. :D

Well, it is true that you need a great sense of humor with these guys! But what I like is THEIR sense of humor! Well, Jacksons anyway. Like, sometimes he will be staring intently out the doggie door and I will sneak up behind him and grab his butt! He will whip around and when he sees me we will both have a good laugh. He is all wiggle butt and I am laughing! He also likes to hide his toy, then act like he can't find it. I will be like c'mon Jackson, you can find it. I will be looking all over thinking it got behind something(I don't always see where I thow it) and then all of a sudden he's in front of me with the damn toy in his mouth and I swear I hear him snickering! What a goof-ball!

Ooops to the bed-peeing. I had that happen once or twice. Never a fun thing to discover!!

Tissues! OMG. Not only does Zoe do tissues, but Zeeke has this total obsession with them. Can't be left anywhere, or he'll grab them, tear them apart, then eat them. Oy. Don't think he'll ever grow out of that one. (He's now 3!)

I tell people - if I didn't laugh at the crazy stuff our pups did, I'd have gone crazy by now. :rolleyes:

He "almost" grew out of toilet paper obsession, mainly because he cannot reach it anymore (oh, he could, if he realy wanted to, y'all saw his pic sitting on the toilet!), but NAPKINS and paper towels?! WOW, so yummy!

He's constantly stealing them from the dining table (nothing else, just paper ) and if we are not paying attention, then he gloriously marches right in front of us to show us what he "captured" and can't wait to be chased

And if we tell him, drop it, don't you eat it, what does my wonder boy do? He doesn't now how to eat and swallow faster, so that by the time we reach him, all paper is gone And then he smiles and runs away again!

He does the same thing with the shoes (minus the eating part). He parades full of pride until you see him, and then he's satisfied. He did his bad deed for the day!

We're still dry here, and we better stay that way. I think he wanted to mark his territory, suddently his hormones got the best of him. Well, maybe dogs have PMS too

I guess this isn't a good time to tell you all that Bree didn't stop being evil teenager puppy until about 18 months, hunh? :rolleyes: The good news is that she's now 2-1/2 years old and her reign of terror has dwindled down to only occasionally humping her dog bed and being satisfied to lord over her secret stash of socks and partially chewed junk mail under the bed. As long as she gets to sleep under the bed and stare at her secret stash she doesn't wreck havoc trying to add to her secret stash. This is a good thing!

When Bree was a pup she and Ginger were known at our vet's office (and the emergency vet's) as "The Troublemakers".

I guess its not so much of a secret stash since we know about it, hunh? Oh well, she thinks its secret, and that's all that matters. :rolleyes: When we had a puppy visitor a couple weeks ago she found Bree's secret stash. All I could hear under the bed was "Yark yark yark, grrrr grrrr, thump whump, Yark YARK!!!" Out came Lark with a sock, and Bree was in hot persuit.

Well, if she went to all the trouble of keeping this "secret", of course Bree would do anything to keep it this way. Probably she was thinking: Darn it, this puppy is going to blow my hiding place!

That's probably about the truth of it Anda. You're right Natalie, poor Bree. Its such a tough life being a dog at my house. :rolleyes:

Well, little does Bree know that not only does Lark know about her secret stash, but so does Zippy. I've seen him recently pulling a super-sneaky-stealthy recon mission in which those poor hostage socks were retrieved. They were then subjected to several vigorous sessions of Small Dog Sockicide. There is civil unrest within the Crazy Clan I tell ya. :D

Anda, I hope the bed dries out. That's no fun at all!

Laura, you let them keep your socks? I'm constantly losing socks around here, and so far I haven't seen any get eaten. It's so bad I've given up trying to find a matching pair.... you should see the look on my husband's face when I stomp out wearing one pink sock and one grey one!! :D

Sheryl - Aint that the truth. My cat got all sorts of cool new toys from a friend of mine. And he spent all his time trying to stuff himself into the shopping bag. :rolleyes:

Mine are in love with empty milk gallons, coffee mate containers and pop bottles of any size!!

They get so excited as you take that last sip, as it means you're going to crunch that bottle up and play a game of fetch with them!! They love the crinkly crunchy sound it makes as they chew on it!!

I think that's why they say be careful of the habits that you instill in them that young- as they stick so well!!