BC Boards

How about a get-together at the Finals?

Sue R

For all of us (handlers of skill or otherwise) who will be at the Finals, how about an evening get-together. Maybe a potluck (although that would be iffy for some campers and motel-dwellers, but the food wouldn't have to be homemade, just yummy) or snacks or maybe a dinner out one evening?

Since the handlers' dinner is (I think) on Saturday, how about Thursday or Friday evening?

This would be a good chance to meet folks that we may only "know" through this forum, or maybe that we know in person already.

If folks are interested, I could inquire about a location on site or off to have a nice time to "meet and greet".

For all of us (handlers of skill or otherwise) who will be at the Finals, how about an evening get-together. Maybe a potluck (although that would be iffy for some campers and motel-dwellers, but the food wouldn't have to be homemade, just yummy) or snacks or maybe a dinner out one evening?

Since the handlers' dinner is (I think) on Saturday, how about Thursday or Friday evening?

This would be a good chance to meet folks that we may only "know" through this forum, or maybe that we know in person already.

If folks are interested, I could inquire about a location on site or off to have a nice time to "meet and greet".

I'd love it, Sue.

I think Friday night might be better because maybe then we'd also get people who are only coming to watch on Saturday/Sunday.

I'd love it, Sue.

I think Friday night might be better because maybe then we'd also get people who are only coming to watch on Saturday/Sunday.

Great idea Sue! Cindy and I are coming up from the south to watch and won't be in until about 3 AM Fri morning. So, Friday night would work for us!

Karen

Okay, Deb's right, the handlers' dinner is Friday evening. I was winging it on the night as I didn't want to do a search on this slow dial-up but I did, and Friday is the night.

That's good news! That means that we could have a get-together on Saturday evening, if folks would like. I think that's going to be a better night as more folks who are spectating for the weekend would be there. Of course, for those on the boards who make the final round on Sunday, maybe they won't be up for socializing on Saturday, or maybe they might.

Now, who's interested and what sort of activity (potluck, snackies, or dinner out - restaurant or fast food) would suit the majority?

Ask my hubby - my vote is always for dinner out! Let's look at Saturday evening and I will try to find out what's nearby and reasonable. Also, maybe we could make reservations and make it easier to get into a place we all like.

Thanks, Celia, for offering to do this. My very slow dial-up at home makes searches a bit agonizing. We'll just have to elect you as the "USBCC BC Boards National Sheepdog Finals 2007 Get-Together Party Queen". There's got to be some kind of acronym that's shorter than that!

Thanks, Celia, for offering to do this. My very slow dial-up at home makes searches a bit agonizing. We'll just have to elect you as the "USBCC BC Boards National Sheepdog Finals 2007 Get-Together Party Queen". There's got to be some kind of acronym that's shorter than that!

Queen? Hahahahahahahahaha. No, I'm kidding. Please don't put me in charge of anything. My husband already has too much to do looking after me. :D

But I will report back with suggestions, and I'll make some phone calls about feasibility with a biggish group. Ok?

So far what I'm getting back from my foodie buddies that there's a brew pub with great beer and TGIF Friday's kind of food that's ok, and a Mexican that's got excellent food but is a dive to look at it. :rolleyes:

Once we have it a little more firmed up maybe people would be more willing to commit. :D In the meantime, if anyone else has suggestions, please throw them out here.

I wonder if we could make a sign up list and have it be a stickie. Do you think that would be good? I could ask Eileen.

There is also "General Prickett's Buffet" less than three miles from the trial field. That's where the "alternative handlers' dinner" is going to be held on Friday evening (for those who didn't get their "reservations" in earlier for the Harley Davidson dinner).

I haven't. I'm a big buffet fan although my brother-in-law, who works for the health department in NC and used to do restaurant inspections, is not a fan of buffets. That is just the one that the volunteers are eating at for the "alternative" dinner for those who didn't get into the handlers' dinner. I'm good with a "real" restaurant.

Thanks for the input, Liz!

What is everyone's preference for dinner or would you all like to talk it over sometime on Friday or Saturday?

Thanks for the info, Julie. I can print out the options and we can choose something that all would like. Major choices include family food, fast food, period fare (sounds interesting). There are Chinese, Japanese, Italian, American, brewpub, etc.

Let me know...