BC Boards

New book: How the Border Collie Battled the American Kennel Club

I apologize if there's any duplicate thread. I got a heads-up from Amazon about this new book coming out. Thought you might be interested.

As someone who has purchased or rated books by Donald McCaig, you might like to know that The Dog Wars: How the Border Collie Battled the American Kennel Club will be released on August 1, 2007. You can pre-order yours at a savings of $4.80 by following the link below.

I've ordered a copy too. If you dont want to wait for Amazon.com you can get the book right now from Outrun Press.

Thanks for that link. I ordered from them. Partly cause I'm not patient enough to wait for the first of Aug but also because it looks like from their webpage Outrun Press is a small outfit run by two nice farm ladies. :rolleyes:

When you are all done with it I want to hear reviews... I would buy it now to read but I am in harry Potter mode, so as soon as i get my hands on the last book I am reading it and then most likely nostagically re-reading the entire series!

My whole law school class was hooked on that series. I think because it had so many parallels to our lives then - we spent all our time with our eccentric classmates, learning odd incantations from creepy old profs. :rolleyes: The release of this last one has slipped up on me. :D Last time I was standing in line when the shop opened.

But I just started "Three Bags Full" - sheep murder mystery - so this time I guess Harry has to get in line. :D

Thanks for that link. I ordered from them. Partly cause I'm not patient enough to wait for the first of Aug but also because it looks like from their webpage Outrun Press is a small outfit run by two nice farm ladies.

That was very good of you. One of those "nice farm ladies" (well, she does live on a farm :rolleyes:) is Heather Nadelman, the co-administrator of this website, as well as proprietor of LittleHats. The Dog Wars is the first venture of the little publishing company that she and Sally Molloy have started. I know that they have already been filling orders and shipping books. They will also be selling copies at the Gettysburg Finals, and Donald will be there to autograph them.

Thanks, Eileen. I'm really glad I ordered from them now. :D I try, on principle, to avoid the retail giants when possible - but it's even better to have the opportunity to buy from one of the folks who help make this board possible. And from a fellow farm lady. :rolleyes:

They will also be selling copies at the Gettysburg Finals, and Donald will be there to autograph them.

Im thinking of sending him my set of his books to be signed, just for fun :rolleyes: I just started Eminent Dogs, Dangerous Men this afternoon.

They will also be selling copies at the Gettysburg Finals, and Donald will be there to autograph them.

Ooooh! Now I simply *must* go!

:rolleyes:

Has anyone else had trouble with Outrun Press accepting a credit card (actually debit)? I tried to order the book, but for some reason the site could not process my card. It's not the card, because I subsequently used it at Amazon to order my neice the new Harry Potter....

J.