BC Boards

Moving in a Few days!

As the date of the move gets closer and closer I am getting more and more worried about that darned balcony. :rolleyes:

What if he jumps over? I don't mean to ever leave him out there unattended but what if he gets it in his head to jump when I'm out there with him and I can't stop him in time? :confused:

Do dogs usually jump from balconies? :confused:

I'm probably being irrational, but I'm so worried!

Does the balcony have a railing? If so, why note simply installed some type of mesh fencing on the inside or outside? You could cut standard mesh fencing to the right size, and fasten it with tie wraps. Just a thought...

Our house has no yard but a huge wooden deck on the second story. Several tennis balls have fallen over and Sienna has never once even thought(well maybe a little) to go over after it. Dogs have a good depth perception, I doubt he'll endanger himself.

We have a railed deck on the upstairs back of our house. Hasn't been an issue with any of our dogs, but they have all been taught to respect a three foot baby gate in the house. I don't think you will have a problem.

My two respect 2-foot or 3-foot gates in the house and some garden fencing stuff (plastic coated) that we use as a barrier to prevent them pestering my husband and the cats. This is something they can either easily jump or easily push out of the way with just their nose. They know they are not to go past it and don't. If Odin will respect something like that, I think you'll be fine. I would definitely recommend the mesh, though, on the inside of the railing. Kipp can stuff his head through railing in no time flat. My mom really has to watch him at her house out on the deck if he wants to get to me.

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com