BC Boards

A tweed story

This is a short story that will make Tweed's fans' blood boil.

My sister is a designer and works in print and video media. She is working on a commercial and they require a dog for the shoot. They asked her if she had a dog they could use, as they can't afford an animal wrangler (but can pay a few hundred bucks) and she said "No, but my sister has FOUR dogs, I am sure you could use one of them."

So I send the photos and the link to my blog off to the producer woman the other day.

She calls me today and asks if I can send her the height and weight of all the dogs in my possession "Well, except for Tweed."

HA HA HA. See? Even tv commercial producers who have never met him don't like Tweed!! HA!

Anyway, we are off to the AAC Regionals (where people do, in fact, like Tweed). I will try to take some photos for you all.

Have a great weekend! Avenge Tweed's honour in your happy dreams!

RDM

Ha! Poor Tweed. Regardless of whether he deserves it or not....the boy gets no respect.

My first thought was....well, maybe they don't want to deal with such a dark dog....but....that doesn't explain why Piper is still in the mix, does it? Oh well, tell Tweed I tried. :rolleyes:

Good luck this weekend!

Some folks just don't understand all the layers to Tweed. It's a shame! :D He's still #1 in my book! Good luck this weekend! :rolleyes:

Y'all are *totally* missing something enormous.

Tweed, yeah, ok, whatever.

And Mr Woo, amazing as he is, is a dandy and will always land on his feet.

No. The KEY thing to note here is............they didn't pick out RED DOG. Wrong. Just wrong.

You know what... I figured out what it is about Tweed. He's the rebel of the Woofs. He's the one that doesn't quite fit with the regular crowd. I bet you he likes to listen to Type O Negative (well, I do :rolleyes: ). The TV lady just doesn't get it... she needed something more mainstream.

That's ok. Tweed is to be adored by an eclectic group of followers :D

Well, they are just plain making a mistake. Not that the rest of your crew isn't extremely photogenic (they are all star material), but Tweed is a rebel and is therefore very cool. :rolleyes:

Good luck and best wishes at your competition this weekend.

That's to bad that she didn't think 'ol Tweed was good enough. Her loss. Kick butt at the AAC Regionals Tweed!! :rolleyes:

Well, I am back with The Butthead Currently Known as ... The Butthead. This was not our best Regionals ever. He qualified for Nationals (third time) with 376 points (you need 300) but I wanted 450. We were at some serious odds, which is explained in my blog. Nevertheless, he did qualify.

And of COURSE Mr. Woo got the commercial. It's for Kohl's department store, so perhaps some of our American friends will see Wootie on tv in months to come. We shoot Tuesday :rolleyes:

The sunburned, tired, broke and pissed off,

RDM

Well, I am back with The Butthead Currently Known as ... The Butthead. This was not our best Regionals ever. He qualified for Nationals (third time) with 376 points (you need 300) but I wanted 450. We were at some serious odds, which is explained in my blog. Nevertheless, he did qualify.

And of COURSE Mr. Woo got the commercial. It's for Kohl's department store, so perhaps some of our American friends will see Wootie on tv in months to come. We shoot Tuesday :D

The sunburned, tired, broke and pissed off,

RDM

Well at lest he did get qualified :rolleyes:

That's so cool!! Congrats Mr. Woo. I'm going to have to steal anything I find with him on it :D Is he just doing tv, or is it promo stuff too?

When can Woo send me an autographed photo for my wall? What does Piper think of his sudden rise to stardom? lol. Very cool! cant wait to see him in a commercial. Im a HUGE fan of your blog BTW. great photos and funny as hell :rolleyes: I've shown it to a few people and everyone gets a laugh. All your dogs are stars IMO.

It has long been obvious to Woo fans that he has star qualities. I would call your attention to Picture #4 of Exhibit A: "I Am Pele, but you know me as Woo". He is a doggie ROCK STAR! Of course it would be Woo! I shop at Kohl's all the time and I will keep my eyes peeled for TV or print ads.

http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.php?showtopic=10770