BC Boards

for shedding 's sake !!!

Hi all , I have nothing against shedding haha not that my opinion matters :D

but I can just about knit myself a black and white sweater a day , with a scarf to match

What do you guys do ?

It would be enough comfort to hear that we're all in the same boat :rolleyes:

Sometimes I tread on this unwanted carpet and need to look at her to check she's not actually in her nude pink little self !!!

I have to de-hair Daisy's bed every day or it would be like sleeping ontop of another dog for her!!

Not to mention the hoover that is permanently attached to my hand !!

How is it that the hairs get into the weirdest places like wardrobes and kitchen cupboards! Even found some in the parrots cage before !!

Dal is shedding like mad. I even took him to a professional groomer trying to get more off him and he still sheds 2 handfulls each grooming.

The only real uses I've found for it is The birds use it to line their nests or to threaten the kids that the person who starts an argument will wear this lovely white poof ball on their head.

I've never seen them so well behaved.lol

Kessie seems to be done with shedding for this spring. Some weeks ago the cold suddenly went away and she started to lose all of her undercoat at once. I hate knitting so it got stuffed in empty bottles, in the garbage, thrown off the balcony...whatever was handy when a fur ball came creeping across the carpet .

Now that the snow is gone, she's shedding dried mud instead...

My old Girldog (BC) shed no less than 3 33 gal garbage bags of fur pulled out of the tines of my dog brush. During shedding season I could gently pull her shedding fur out by the handful. I did this in the morning and in the evening when she was sleepy and used soothing massage like motions mixed with soothing things like kissing her belly, stretching her back legs and scratching her rump so that it became a luxurious time for both of us. I got to pamper her and control her shedding, she got relax and take some time out for herself.

My oh my how I still miss her

Grrrr.... You would THINK that since it's warm here (hot) all the time that we wouldn't have such a problem.

HA!

My neighbors find hair in their house from MY dogs!!!! If they are down wind - they are going to get some hair. It's nuts.

I don't have time (or energy) to vacuum every day. The house gets a sweeping followed by a vacuum once a week and that's it. I could stuff a king size mattress with the hair I pick up.

Anyway ever had the hair knitted into anything? I've read about that - the knitters will take clean pet hair, spin it in with some wool or longer hair and knit you anything you want. Bookmarks, gloves, hats.

In our case they could knit me a carpet and still have some left over!

What I'd give for a smooth coat right now...

Denise

Hi, I have been reading the posts on the topic of shedding, I have been beside myself also with all the hair I get when I brush chena, and like you say, the birds do love it! I heard of a product for shedding dogs and coats of them,. it is called Linotone, I had never heard of it before and thought maybe some of you have used it or had some connection with it. have no idea where I could get it either, probably pet-co. I think it is something like omega-6 and some other things in it for dogs. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Originally posted by juliepoudrier:

quote:
Originally posted by BigD:

What I'd give for a smooth coat right now...

Denise

Except that the smooth coats also shed their undercoats.... :rolleyes:

J.

Aint that the truth. My smooth coated foster blew more under coat this season than my rough coat did last season. The piles were huuuge.