BC Boards

Disturbing Evidence

Wow, I haven't checked the boards in a few days and just read this thread all the way through. I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

But I do have to take exception to this statment...

The resuce I volunteer with (Nebraska Border Collie Rescue) is one of those rescues you might see at PetSmart. It is a highly reputable rescue. We go to PetSmart to gain visibility in the community. We do NOT adopt dogs out while we are there. Any interested person would have to go through the same process all others have to - lengthly application, personal references, vet references, meeting the dog(s), home evaluation, etc.

I understand you don't like the way your daughter was treated on here, that you feel she was judged inappropriately on her actions. Please don't judge the legitimate rescues you see at PetSmart, especially when you don't even know their actions.

I work at a petsmart. That is just his experience at the one he goes to. It is not the same at all of them.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally feel the need to say something. I think we need to realize that she is just fourteen. Of course she should be honest in all her dealings. Even on the web. But don't you remember what it was like to be fourteen? I was always a pretty good kid, but still at that age it is hard and I certainly made mistakes. Didn't we all. Thankfully they were not made on the world wide web. It is a dificult age and even mores o now. Kids have more than ever to deal with. At that age you don't have all the experience to make the best decisions. You are still growing physically and emotionally. You want one thing one minute so bad you think you cannot live without it, and a week later you feel the opposite. you say and do things without really thinking about exactly what it means or how it sounds. And don't even try to figure out the motives of a kid. There are times when I swear my daughter is thinking one thing, then completely suprises me with another. (disclaimer: My daughter is not a teenager yet, so I am not claiming that.) Giver her a chance to learn from mistakes. If she presented herself dishonestly give her a chance to learn and grow from it. I doubt she will soon forget this experience. What kind of lesson will it be? A lot depends on us. She seems to still want to participate in this forum. She has not turned and ran so to speak.

And Elise, remember that even saying something with just a bit of untruth can really come back to bite you. Admit mistakes, and most people will let it go. At least I will:) It certainly seems that some things were presented skewed, so that while maybe true technically it is not really the truth.

Let us not forget how hard it is to really communicate over the keyboard. So much is lost when words are typed on a page.

All of that being said, I do not know anyone here personally. Hope I have offended no one. I certainly have benefited from this forum, and look forward to doing so in the future.

I feel like I need to reply, since I am the one that started this thread. First off, before I posted this information, I pm'd bcluver4life and asked her to explain what was going on. I did not hear from her. I waited for several hours after she received my pm. Only after I posted, she answered my pm, but with obvious lies. I feel it is important for people to know who they are dealing with. She promised to pull dogs from the rescue site, but then cut out at the last minute, endangering the dogs' lives. She played along like her and her father were going to pay the pull fees and take the dog all the way til the end. She told people that she called shelters and dogs were adopted, when in actuality they were not. She posted just a few months back, with a different username, looking for a dog to breed. These are red flags. There are still very many inconsistencies in her stories and a lot of things that just do not add up. How do I even know that her father wrote that letter? I would have felt a lot better about this if she would've just come clean instead of inventing more lies. I still do not feel that a child should be posing as a rescue organization on a rescue website. This is misleading to people who are looking to rehome their dogs. She has admitted that she can not afford vet care or pull fees, therefore, should leave the rescuing to others who have the means. Like I said before, if she wants to volunteer somewhere, that would be a great place to start. I don't know about the rest of you, but I do not appreciate being lied to again and again.

Her father wrote the letter, end of story. I understand your concern. But you can look at the typing style and tell that it is completely diffrent and carrys a whole lot more mature tone to it. Not to mention, I watched him write it. As far as what she told you, She is 14, can u honestly say that you got your details straight at 14? espically when someone is drilling you?

And for the record, I do not feel I owe anyone any apologies. Everything I posted was backed up by a link to another website. All I did was post research that I found online. She is the one who asked for a dog to breed and posted her male dog for stud on a breeder website. She was the one who posted dogs up for adoption that were not hers to give away. SHe is also the one who posted as a rescue on craigslist asking people to give her their dogs. I understand that she may just be a child, but she should think before she posts things online for the world to see.

You may have researched things but what you did was find issues, then found what looked to be facts that backed them up. without knowing anything about the story. Then you tried to get the story from a 14 y/o. I can tell you dont have kids.

"Yes, and some where incorrect and not appropriate One was listing Jake as a stud dog. If you knew Jake that would be almost funny. He is 11 months old and not old enough to be a stud. Jake is 11 months old and Jessie is 9 weeks old. I do not think they could be bred.This is something that will not be done. The other ad’s she had listed were when she was looking for a puppy."

If they were so incorrect and inappropriate, why is her father's name listed on the breed site?

It would appear that he knew about this since anyone calling would have asked to speak with "Jay". As to not being old enough to breed, as a mature adult certainly her father would know that we are referring to the dogs "ability" to be breed since it is not altered as of yet-and Jake IS of age to be altered. Some of the other ads were for an unaltered dog she was looking to rehome (unaltered) and other dogs she sought out to advertise. Apparently her father is unaware of all the posts we are referring to.

"She will look at Craig's List and other sites for dogs that owners no longer want or can keep."

She wasn't just LOOKING at Craigs list, she was actively posting to it for various reasons.

"She has had a couple of other dogs she wanted to get but they were outside Atlanta and was not able to get them here so they never made it here. "

http://bcrescue.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t...asc&start=0

Yes, and she led us all to believe that she was saving Buddy-there was someone who told her they could pull the dog and help with transport. A short period of time later, she proudly (and boldly) posted pictures of her purchased bc pup.

"My 14 year old daughter is much more mature than most of what I have read"

Which is why he allows her to post/browse the vampire site...because she is SO mature that things like cutting, prostitution, masochistic rituals etc...are obviously things mature children engage in these days with parental consent

Nancy states: "Were I 14, my parents would not be allowing me to get into such a flumustication. I'd have been in school or doing my homework. Same was true for my kids. And same is now true for my grandkids."

Thank you Nancy...I am sure you comment is reflective of what most of us are thinking!

LMAO you know nothing about her... please do not even imply that she cuts, prostitues, or preforms rituals. because that is all false. you know nothign of my family and I would like for you to stop passing judgement. You have implyed that my father is a horrible parent and that my sister is a problem child. I have a few choice words for people like your self, but I believe I will settle with this: "Thou shall not judge"

http://bcrescue.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t...asc&start=0

As far as this link goes, I dont see anything that she has done wrong. Except care about an animal

Guest kimdw248
LMAO you know nothing about her... please do not even imply that she cuts, prostitues, or preforms rituals. because that is all false. you know nothign of my family and I would like for you to stop passing judgement. You have implyed that my father is a horrible parent and that my sister is a problem child. I have a few choice words for people like your self, but I believe I will settle with this: "Thou shall not judge"

I am not implying anything...that is your error. What I am simply saying is that it is an inappropriate site for a young girl to be visiting due to it's content (and what some of it's participants clearly do engage in) since your father was quite clear in his agreeing with the inappropriateness of her breeding posts, maybe he should check out the Vampire site to determine it's appropriateness. I am not passing judgement, merely making an observation and sharing a concern for Elise's safety and well being.

I would not presume to know what goes on behind "closed" doors, but am basing my concern on documentation and facts presented by Elise herself.

Concern is the cousin to caring-judgement the relative of arrogance...I choose to care.

I am not implying anything...that is your error. What I am simply saying is that it is an inappropriate site for a young girl to be visiting due to it's content and since your father was quite clear in his agreeing with the inappropriateness of her breeding posts, maybe he should check out the Vampire site to determine it's appropriateness. I am not passing judgement, merely making an observation and sharing a concern for Elise's safety and well being.

I would not presume to know what goes on behind "closed" doors, but am basing my concern on documentation and facts presented by Elise herself.

Concern is the cousin to caring-judgement the relative of arrogance...I choose to care.

"Which is why he allows her to post/browse the vampire site...because she is SO mature that things like cutting, prostitution, masochistic rituals etc...are obviously things mature children engage in these days with parental consent"

And I'm suspost to react to this how?

For someone who wasn't impying you were suggesting very strongly.

>edit< I have read over that 6-7 times now. There is no other way I can see to take that than implying.

I work at a petsmart. That is just his experience at the one he goes to. It is not the same at all of them.

But you see, he was generalizing ALL rescues by his statement. Kinda what you're accusing all of us of. Besides, did your father even approach the Rescue and ask about their adoption policy? Or did he just assume? And we all know what happens when one "assumes".

But I digress...and I'm not going to get into a pissing match with another underage.

But you see, he was generalizing ALL rescues by his statement. Kinda what you're accusing all of us of. Besides, did your father even approach the Rescue and ask about their adoption policy? Or did he just assume? And we all know what happens when one "assumes".

But I digress...and I'm not going to get into a pissing match with another underage.

Except that you are. Your hallowed PetSmart has never been the issue.