BC Boards

Dog park story

I was walking Black Jack at the fair grounds yesterday for his weekend walk. Well there was an older lady with some kind of a tiny dog on a leash walking towards me, Black Jack had his ears up and tail waging so I figured I would let him say hi. Black Jack was about ten feet from him and that little spitfire of a dog started barking and growling like crazy. He almost pulled her over. It scared Black Jack so much he came running back to me and hid behind my legs. It was pretty funny after she was gone. He kept looking for him just incase he came back :rolleyes::D She felt bad I know, because my dog was friendly but her's wasn't.

He was so tired he slept all the way home. I wish he was that tired all the time.

While I don't care for those Napolean mentalities in little dogs either, comical tho they might be, it's even scarier when someone approaches me when I have my CO, with me. Juta weighs about 100 lbs. and doesn't care for strange dogs. The results with her would have been far different, yet people still want their dogs to meet her. I think this article should be read on occasion by everyone.

http://www.flyingdogpress.com/sayhi.html

Skip would have done the same thing! He thinks he is barney-bad-a$$ when he is in the yard, but let him out of the safety of the yard and he is the biggest chicken! LOL Jackson on the other hand probly would have just stared at it till it did something different or just snubbed it and walked away! LOL

Sea4th, that is a great article! It reminds me of an incident many years ago. Daddy had a dog, Pax, that was GSD/husky mix. He got him after his elderly owner died. Pax was a huge, wooly, and very intimidating looking dog. But he was very sweet to people he knew. My son was 2 at the time. My son has always loved dogs and I was constintly having to watch him around strange dogs because he thought they were all his friend! Well, one day we go to daddy's and we are on the patio talking and Danny is in the yard with Pax. Suddenly we hear Pax make a loud growling noise and look in time to see my son's head in Pax's mouth! We all rush out. Pax had been laying on the ground on his side, and my son was lying on top of him with his arms around Pax's neck. When we rushed out, Pax got up and moved away. We checked Danny out and he had a tooth "dent" just below his right eye, and a scratch on his left ear. Clearly indicating Pax had Danny's whole face in his mouth. Daddy started whaling the heck out of Pax and I had to get inbetween them. After I got daddy calmed down, he couldn't understand why I was so calm about it all. I told him, look, if Pax intended harm to Danny, my son wouldn't have a face left! It was very clear to me that Pax had just had enough of my son's attentions and was trying to warn him. I suspect Danny's face was closer than Pax realised. The next day, I went back over because I wanted to make sure my son wasn't "scared" from the incident. Upon entering the yard, he ran straight to Pax and gave him a hug. Pax, tail wagging, licked his face. Until Pax died, they were the best of friends, but Danny never laid on top of him again.