BC Boards

What a pup!!

I have a truely amazing video that someone e-mailed me. It's a google one, with dog dancing and the trainer is in a "scream" mask (I believe) not into horror movies. I can forward the e-mail, but can't get the URL. It's truely the most amazing training I have seen. Anyone care to help- just e-mail me at .........chatatme@hotmail.com.

:D I hate to seem like I'm whining, but I feel kinda left out - my dog has running contacts too, I just don't have a video on the web!

I clocked his dog-walk at 1.35 seconds out in AZ at the USDAA finals (in the team final). He took 4 strides across the entire thing. He often beats the judge to the downside. He also has a near-perfect 3-stride a-frame.

It's not just Europeans that can train that stuff :rolleyes:

Anyway, I saw that video before - that's an awful lot of agility for a 1-year old 'pup' to be doing. Her growth plates are probably only barely closed, which means she must have been training pretty hard before now. . .

Drifter approaching the down-ramp in the Finals - clearly NOT slowing down:

drifter3X.jpg

Sorry :rolleyes:

Guess I assumed the link went to the contact one!

I have a lot of respect for the people who have the patience to teach rally/freestyle routines/tricks. I get too bored and just go run some agility.

I just don't like it when any one person gets credit for a magical new agility feat, when there is almost never only one person who's figured out a way to train something. There's several people around the US that have different methods for running contacts, but most of them aren't as consistent as nose-target trained contacts, so it's still a pretty unique skill.

Anyway, I'm off to try not to sound so conceited and whiney. :D

I am impressed by anyone with nice running contacts! I would love to see your doggies' contacts *hint hint*. :rolleyes:

I was a bit unhappy with the age of the pup and the amount of activity.... But still - not to get to off topic, impressive!

Yes, we were 3rd in the 26" Grand Prix finals.

My team was 14th overall (I think there were 200), and we were 2nd in Team Standard (behind Marcus and Juice) and 3rd in Team Gamblers.

Didn't make Steeplechase because of a bar, for the 3rd year in a row (SO glad it have another round this year)

It's really amazing how much things this pup does at that short age, she must have learned two tricks per day :rolleyes: . about not doing as much with so young dog... I believe that if not that dog would be eating her tail, what amount of energy!

here there is another video of the same trainer, different dog, acting in a TV spot:

As far as the age of Bu - there is also a couple of agility clips of Bu, who is listed to be a 'pup' and being 1year old. Bu appears to be doing full sequence work and contacts, including plenty of jumps which are about the same height as the dog.

I was referring to this, more than the tricks.

My dogs are high energy, but they learn to chill. If they don't chill when appropriate, they chill in their crates. . .

Anyway, just wanted to clarify what I meant by that. Most tricks are not that hard on a dog, but to have a year old dog doing full courses of agility really bugs me. Unless '1 year' really means '1 year 10 months and just learned to do this stuff'. . . but I doubt it.