BC Boards

Oh Geez--Now I've gone and done it!

Today I went to the pound to check on one of the boys (by the way, that's boy--with all the factory installed equipment intact)that I found last week abandoned in the national forest. Still hasn't been claimed and became available for adoption as of Mon. (You can get the back story on that here:

http://www.bordercollie.org/cgi-bin/ultima...c;f=22;t=000074

He's very sweet. I wasn't sure what his temperament would be like since we hadn't had much more interaction other than the 20 minutes it took me to wrangle him into my truck when I initially found them last week. Doesn't know much about walking on a leash, but picked up the "sit when we stop" part of "heel" in practically no time.

They figure he's about 1-1 1/2 years old. I got all weepy again when it came time for them to take him back to the kennel. I couldn't bear the thought of him going back there, essentially abandoned again, especially since his buddy who he'd been dumped with has already found a new home through the efforts of my petsitter. So I started asking about fostering him and was told I'd have to be registered with one of the local rescue groups as an approved foster home. I asked for the number to contact them and then just thought, screw it! I'll just adopt him myself and if things don't work out right with the girls, I'll rehome him myself. So I guess I have a new dog. Animal Control won't release him or even permit him off the grounds until he's been neutered, so I called my vet from there and they can't get him in until next Thurs (animal control has to take him there) but they promised to call me if they get a cancellation.

I'm sure Kit will love having a playmate that has as much energy and enthusiasm as she does. As for Minnie...well she will be the one to determine the success or failure of this endeavor. So I called my petsitter (the one that found the home for the older Aussie)to tell him I wouldn't be going away for the weekend in 2 weeks afterall, and the reason why, and he confessed to me that he was thinking of adopting him, himself. I just told him to hold that thought until we see how things transpire. Anyway, the important thing is he'll be sprung from Animal Control.

Nancy, good for you! I know that I would have a hard time taking him back to the shelter. I am trying to convince my hubby that we NEED another dog and that Allie needs a brother or sister.

Please post pics when you get some. Good luck! I hope it works out for you.

Good for you!!! Im sure you wont regret this decision. I believe there are reasons for everything, and there is a reason this baby came across your path. Congrats on having the decency to take him in and follow your heart. I look forward to pictures :rolleyes:

Oh Nancy! What a great stroke of luck for the boy. I'm sure he'll love being at home with your girls, after what he's gone through. Good for you for taking him in. I'm hoping it all works out and he stays! :rolleyes:

Nancy,

What a lucky dog! He's twice lucky: first being rescued from the forest, and now finding a home with you! I'm really really glad to hear the news, since your first post left a strong impression on me.

Anda

I spent an hour with the boy at the pound today. I've been calling him Junior until a more suitable name materializes. It took him about 20 minutes to settle down--he was like a fly on a string at first. When he did settle I spent quite a bit of time brushing him under the shade of a tree and he gently put his paw on my arm. My heart melted. He's such a love. I took some pictures that I'll post in the gallery.