BC Boards

Nursery

Shoofly

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is interesting that the Open finals is winner take all in the final run, but the nursery is combined score from two runs. It was that way because originally all the dogs got a second run, but now that the first group is narrowed down to 30, it almost makes sense to have everyone start from scratch again. I remember when Ralph got the Open changed to winner take all, but why didn't they go ahead and make nursery the same?

Tony

I am some special stats for you. So you can make it to the Finals. (mixture of Open and Nursery stats)

* Must have A as first letter of first name (Open stat overall )

* Must be Canadian or Born outside of USA or married to a person born outside of US (Open stat based on top 5)

* Must also have a A as part of first name such as Kathy (Open stat based on top 5 )

* better chance if you are female (Open stat based on top 5)

* Of the 11 people who ran two dogs in Nursery, TEN made it to the top 30- Run two dogs in Nursery in the first go-round (Nursery stat- based on top 30)

* Of the top 30 who advance, 17 had double letter as part of their names - TeSS or ScoTT (Nursery stat- based on top 30)

Based on these stats, I am sure our gentle and kind members can come up with a New name for you and your dogs

Diane

Originally posted by DeltaBluez Tess:

* Must have A as first letter of first name (Open stat overall )

* Must be Canadian or Born outside of USA or married to a person born outside of US (Open stat based on top 5)

* Must also have a A as part of first name such as Kathy (Open stat based on top 5 )

* better chance if you are female (Open stat based on top 5)Diane

Tony, I vote that you have a sex change operation, change your name to "Antonia Luperio" - and if you aren't from Italy, (or was it Spain?) there's got to be a lucky senorita waiting over the border for you...

As for your Nursery dogs with the double letters - how about Dull and Null,,,

I didn't notice that Michelle placed 5th! Good for her. Well, she is within reaching distance. It will be a tough competition for the ones in the top 10.

I just don't understand why you would bother to take the top 30 if you are doing cumulative. Anything in the 120's can't possibly catch the leaders who are in the 150s and even the 160s unless the top 10 completely bomb out. But I am not good with the stats so I'll leave that to Tony and Diane.

Jenny Glen

Originally posted by Jennifer Glen:

Anything in the 120's can't possibly catch the leaders who are in the 150s and even the 160s unless the top 10 completely bomb out.

Three words; really tough sheep. Plus, young dogs. Check out the first two scores from today's run. Down 60 and 50 points from yesterday.

The morning draws have been best out there with the sheep getting steadily tougher until around 5pm or so and then better for the last few runs of the day. Looks like they are starting tough today.

Pearse

You provocateur, you! :rolleyes:

Is it time to go work puppies yet?

Oh, BTW, you better be working on your balance for the box in november. Old Freddy is looking pretty darned sparkly. Sam brought him over sunday and he sure looked good! I think Sam and Randy are already building and decorating your box....

<groan>

Never let me predict anything, especially not 1) the winners of the Nursery Finals and 2) how well f@$#-ing red dogs are likely to turn out.

Well, if it's gotta be, I'd like the bells and whistles decorative motif on the box please. Where was I going to make this pronouncement again? Just need to plan my sackcloth and ashes wardrobe well in advance.

A

well the where was never decided, just the who as I recall...dont worry, its not like he is running a full course, outrunning 400 yards, shedding or on whistles or anything like that...still the same ole piece of crap as the last time you saw him! Nothing to worry about at all...PROMISE. I will be lucky if he ever makes it out of the puppy pen..sigh...whoa is me....

Originally posted by tucknjill:

dont worry, its not like he is running a full course, outrunning 400 yards, shedding or on whistles or anything like that...

Oh yea right! Sam's LYING!!! The red dog did an open outrun on Sunday, very nicely I may add -great fetch and he drove the whole course, cross drive and all. I better get crackin' on Tweed so I can keep up with Fred.

Hey Jen, how's Laddie doing?

Christine, you forgot to describe the lovely pen and shed he did as well.

You guys need to give those pups a break so my two can catch up! It's sure going to be fun in the spring. Of course Fred and Tweed will already be in the Open before mine get to PN at this rate!

Yes, but he did it all in THE PUPPY LOT! Dont scare Andrea, I want her to come to the fall trial to stand on her box! She has to kiss Fred's red head too, she hurt hims little feelings!

Blah blah on Tweed, Tess and Zac...You will be kicking my poor red dogs butt in fine fashion before anyone can say boo. You all should be focusing your hate lazer on Mark and Jodi, I know I am! He has been light years ahead of me since that darned dog was born..sheesh He finally shamed me into starting to train mine!

Sam is lying?!?!?!? Surely not!

So is it mano a mano with puppies this spring? Is Nap too young to play? He really wants to, even if he is the baby in the group with the worst birthday imaginable (June something or other). Laddie I think is Nursery for the next year too, so he doesn't have to worry.

Hey, I love Emil's Ben. Who was the bitch? Any word on any other bitches that have gone/are going to him soon? I want one.

A