BC Boards

Howdy & Thanks

Deb Mickey

Hi all !

I've finally gripped (opps, no gripping allowed :rolleyes: ) bit the bullet and joined this group. I've enjoyed reading your posts here in the office :eek: for the past year or so. Howdy!

I've just spent the past 2 weekends enjoying the weather and the fun of the Fosterfields & Green Lane SDTs and want to thank everyone involved. We all know the hard work that goes on behind the scenes of these trials - thanks to you all!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha Deb, finally joined! Gotcha!

Come on you guys, Deb and Sherry are bagging out on me for the VA state fair, help me talk them into it! I'll be batching it down there I guess...anyone know of a cheap hotel between Richmond and Montpelier? (Ok Billadeaus, no comments about me and cheap hotels!) :eek:

Come on, Deb and Sherry, you can't desert Sue at a time like this!

We sure missed you at Lacy's this last weekend and then I understood you guys had a trial all your own in PA! What fun! Why did it have to be the same weekend?

I plan on going to VA State Fair and Montpelier, hope Lisa will be with me, and look forward to seeing you there. Don't you have that little camper any more?

Howdy Sue!

Deb's bringing the camper down on Friday - I could haul it, but I'm trying to get as much mileage out of my truck as possible, so thought I'd leave REALLY early Thursday morning to come down, and find a place to sleep Thursday nite before heading over to Montpelier.

Be good to see you guys again, you running at Montpelier this year?

That's Sam for you, offering to take in the Border Collie waif from PA. She is sweet, isn't she?

Sue, I have Celt entered at the VA State Fair (Novice, of course) but I emailed Stacy about Montpelier and haven't gotten a reply yet, so it might be too late. If so, I will just try to help out there - Debbie Crowder might let me help out at the pen. I got to help her at Karen and Tom's and had a wonderful time.

Sam! I figured you'd be all booked up, I'm minus the camper this year. But if there's room, sign me up! I'd love it! Hmmm...what kind of amish goods could I bring to torture you with. Would probably have to be baked goods, since they don't drink. And that's no fun...shoofly pie anyone? Robin, will you be joining the partay?

Mark -

(Waif, I'll give you a waif mister!)

Sue-

Cool! I hope you get into Montpelier, but if not, at least we can still hang out, although if you're with Debbie you'll be busy all day! I got to work with our pen Goddess at the Borders Trial, most fun I've ever had in the pen. I've never met a sheep that wouldn't take marching orders from Debbie.

Debbie definitely deserves the title of Pen Goddess! She is wonderful to work with, great with the sheep, gentle with them, and loves to teach how to do the job right.

Nevertheless, we'll still have time to socialize in the evening. I am hoping to take a lesson from Sam on Friday if it works out for her (she's expecting), so maybe we can see each other during the day, too.

I still haven't heard back so, if I don't get in, I can just work all day and be lazy if and when I'm not working. Sounds like a plan to me!

By the way, don't blame Mark - it was me that called you our Border Collie Waif from PA. Mark's too nice to make rude remarks like that, right?

Ahh! Ok, its fine for YOU to call me a waif, just not Mark! By the way Mark, are you working the middle of the night shift now? Every time you post in the morning its earlier and earlier, egads. Rude remarks from Mark! I don't think so.

Socializing sounds very fine to me, ask anyone.

Originally posted by sasten:

Ahh! Ok, its fine for YOU to call me a waif, just not Mark!

You got it! You were just sounding so pitiful I couldn't pass it up.

I can't wait to see you in a few weeks - I've missed the chance to talk to you. You and Deb were so kind to Lisa and myself last year. Good grief, has it been THAT long?

Oh my gosh Renee, how could I forget! And the stories Tom would tell us when he came back for oreos and sheep, in that order.

Hey, that was the smelliest MUD I've ever been in, ew! or maybe I'm just used to it now...somehow I'd rather be in that mud than in front of the desk. Unfortunately the desk has to pay for the mud. Go figure. You coming to the State Fair? I figure Mark can't take off.