BC Boards

Ears in the wind, bugs in the teeth :)

I let Jen stick her head out, but I do not let her hang out the window. Im always afraid she's going to slip and fall out.

Am I the only one who stuck their head out the car window when I was a kid? Of course I can still hear my mom saying "Maria, You'd better get your head back in this car before it gets knocked off!". Then she'd always relate the story about the kid who stuck his arm out the window while riding the school bus and ended up gettin it knocked off when it hit a road sign.

Gotta love that motherly advice.

Increasingly hopeless about providing motherly advice. It has gotten WAY worse since I actually had children who have to suffer through it!

Didn't mean to make this a sad thread. It is obvious your dog is having a good time, I think it is just a hopeless fact of nature that some of us can't help but immediately start clicking through all the possible consequences of any given action. I was born that way, and it has only gotten worse as I have had more responsibility and watched all manner of horrifying things happen.

But, don't worry, we manage to have a good time in spite of all my concerns. The dog has a super great life and doesn't know what he's missing not sticking his head out, I won't tell if you won't!

I open the rear windows about 3 inches - just enough to stick their noses through. They huff and puff, and it cracks me up. I'm also afraid of them getting turned into projectiles if we're in an accident. We live in an urban area (Minneapolis/St Paul), and we travel on freeways often. I recently purchased seat belt harnesses. But really, the pictures are very cute.

~Kelly Deneen

Originally posted by prosperia:

Please excuse all the nose and slobber marks on my windshield.

LOL! Our back windows are slobbery marked bad!! :rolleyes: My best friend and I take Riven to parks and out on her days off a lot, and now her back windows are dog slobbered too :D:D

I know what you mean about the nose and slobber marks Our window's are always much dirtier inside than outside.

And we have the same problem with the patio door, which is equaly slobbered on both sides

Love the idea (and the photos of course!)! I don't have such a photo yet, because she normally uses the driver's window and sticks her head out from behind my seat. Too much acrobatic talent required to take a good picture :rolleyes: . As for nose smears, yuck. My windows are disgusting!