BC Boards

Update re AKC and border collies with beards

Eileen Stein

This is a crazy idea, but hey, consider the source. How about this. We get two, top notch herders, that look really good. We get them into AKC. We get to a really prestigest(sp?) show. We smuggle in about 30 sheep and keep them in hiding. Then while the two handlers are waiting in the arena for their dogs to "prance" about, they pretend to get into an argument(the handlers)they raise their voices so people can tell it is about whose dog is better. Then at the right time the sheep are let lose in the arena. The BCs do their thing. Then when the dogs have them all gathered and things calm down, they can approach the judge, demanding he claim which dog was best! Sorry, but it plays out really great in my head! :rolleyes:

Eileen: I wonder if Turnbull's Blue is actually IN any AKC Beardie pedigrees -- does anyone know?

Penny: Yes, Turnbull's Blue is in AKC Beardie pedigrees. Someone named Ann Witte, who may even be an AKC herding judge and AHBA herding judge, is quite proud of the fact her AKC Beardies go back to Turnbull's Blue.

She is one of the people who screamed blue murder, so to speak, when Lisa Davis first advertised her ABCA registered pups from Ben as Beardies.

Holy cracker the whole thing is so messed up. Before I got on these boards I didn't think about the AKC much - didn't have anything to do with it, nor did anyone I know. But I didn't know they were off their loons. I mean their whole point is pureBRED, which would lend to the fact that the pedigree - showing how the dog was bred - would be more important. De-registering based on fur... it DOES sound like racism. Gah. The more I hear, the more I hate the whole mentality of ACK.

Splitting herding trials based on COLOR? That has be simply stunned. What in light's creation is that supposed to accomplish?? Oh it all makes my head hurt.

*hugs her pretty little non-registered mutt*