BC Boards

diamond S

Thad

All the talk about trials has given me the bug so I entered diamond S trial in marmoth ND. I have not been humbled in a couple of weeks so I am due. Is anyone else going? I think it would be fun to meet some of the people that post on the boards.

Thad

Hey Thad,

I don't post on here very often but will be going to the trial. It's a good one! I haven't been to a trial in so long, I'm sure I'll get enough "humble pie" to last me a lifetime.

I can't wait to see my good friend Rene's new dog again. :rolleyes: She's sure fond of Stuart.

See ya there.

Laura Hicks

Where did you see Stuart? I am going to meet Rene in person, which will be fun and it will be good to see stuart again. I am taking a young dog that is out of Cap which Joni used to own and Brians Queenie, he has never been trialed, so he will be on his maiden voyage. It will be a humbling experience I am sure.

Thad

I have a Cap son who is breaking his maiden at a cow dog trial today. That will be humbling, I'm sure! He's nearly 21 months old and looks a lot like his sire.

I wish I was going to Diamond S but I think I'll save those travelin' miles for Sturgis if that trip works out. Sam, I know you'll be there too, by hook or by (shepherd's) crook :rolleyes:

Thad, I saw Stuart this winter right after Rene got him. She ran him at the Black Hills Stock Show as well as a couple of arena trials in Wyoming in February. She really is thrilled with him!!

Cap is such a nice dog. I'll bet that's a nice young dog from that cross. I have a youngster out of my Nell and Joni's Spot who will be running at his first field trial. (I ran him at an arena trial in Feb.) He's a bit of a hot head, but SO much fun to work with.

Well, see you up there!

Ugh, Yes I will be there, guess it is something like being pregnant, took me a whole year to get over last years adventure...is the Cap you speak of the one Alasdair used to own??? Boy I liked that dog if it is the same one. Off to a trial see you all next week!

Hi Sam,

Yes, it is the Cap that Alasair imported and was third with in the 1999 Finals. His son is quite the butthead who had waaay too much fun with the calves today...but I must say I like the fire in his immature little belly :rolleyes:

Good luck at your upcoming trials!

Hi Elizabeth,

I don't have the official results yet but can give you a little info.

The first go of Open had Tracy Derx and Jill first and Dodie Green and Abby second. The second go of Open, Dodie and Abby won it with Bev Lambert and Bill coming in second. I believe Tom Wilson and Pearl were third that day. I left before it was over but heard that Barbara Ray won first and second (not sure which dog in which place) in the third go. There were right around 65 dogs each go.

In the jackpot nursery class, the first go was Joni and Chip in first, myself and Kat in second, Bud Boudreau and Widge in third and Shannon Fritz and Kate in fourth. There were 18 dogs in the nursery. I haven't heard yet who placed in the Open ranch and the last go of the Nursery.

So, not much info yet at all, but a little I guess.

The first day, the wind was blowing about 40 mph straight into the open handler's face. It was pretty tough as the sheep blended into the sagebrush quite a little and with the wind, there was no way to help your dog out on finding their way out there.

Both fields were challenging but I for one had a blast up there! Sure missed seeing you there Elizabeth.

Later,

Laura

Here are the official results from the Diamond S trial. Pictures from the trial will be posted on Joni's website ( www.SwankeRanch.com ) soon.

----Open First Trial - 67 Dogs 13.4 Points

June 1, 04,

1 Derx Tracy Jill

2 Green Dodie Abby

3 Gillings Dennis Jan

4 Wilson Tom Pearl

5 Ray Barbara Zip

6 Woodbury Jo Hooty

7 Tose Penny Jordan

8 Milliken Amanda Bart

9 Zoerb JoAnn Sam

10 Broadbent Kate Lad