BC Boards

Trial at the end of July

You guys up to helping me build the holding pens double asap so I can have that fun trial to pay for Scotts ticket this fall...??? I am waiting to hear back from the guy who is buying my flock, if he will wait, I am planning on the last weekend in July (July 30-31) If not, we will just have to have it in Sept...just dont really want to have a novice trial on the new Cheviots if I can avoid it..If I decide to do it, I will have to plan construction for the first of July as my dad will be here the 10-23. Anyway, just tossing out ideas. Any thoughts, other than its going to be stinking hot? Anyone know if I can get it VBCA sanctioned if I do it in the next day or so? Think I should have Open?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to help the last weekend in July if I can do it, timewise. And I would love to run Celt (but not on new, unbroke sheep) if I can come. I'm tied up the other weekends in July, right now.

I can come help pretty much any time after June 25 and before July 30. I'd love to see all you guys and try my hand at this auger business, even if Julie insists it's bigger than I am.

Sammy JO.

OF COURSE I want you to have a trial end of July, since I will be down there for Alasdair's two Nursery trials anyway--and staying with you after Pops leaves. I can plug in, right, and run my air conditioning? Say yes and I'll build another goddamn structure for you, anything you want darling. I CAN HARDLY WAIT to play with your new sheep, tell me all (I am obviously out of the loop here).

A

Yeah I really do need to have it end of July so the sheep guy can take all the sheep, he is doing me a favor to wait that long and sounds like I will have to give him 30 ewes now to hold him over. I will see how my sheep situation holds up, I cant run the little lambs that much so I might just have to wait till Sept and have it on the new sheep which I REALLY dont want to do..but we will see....I will do a head count tomorrow and see if I can swing it! Melenie is our official auger person and Andrea can be in charge of the zoning regulations on all our new structures...Terry can be our commedic back up and Robin can delegate to the rest of US (me included) poor shmooooos. Thanks guys!

If you bring one such as you brought to our last gathering, you will be guest of honorrrrrrrrrrr. Oh my god I love CAKE! How is that for a shameless suck up?

As I recall we were the queens of cocktails and naps werent we??? I have you down to come, so by god you better pull out all the stops to get here gal...sounds like it might be me and you building the putout and exhaust the day before the trial...Hell I am no good without a deadline. Makes things interesting eh?

It doesn't sound like I'll make it to the fun trial, but I can come down pretty much any time in July to help build things. I am also re-discovering the joy of VA grocery stores that sell wine and beer so I can bring booze as needed.

Okey doke I will try to post it here...looks like we are gonna do the entry today and get sanctioning...I will have to run one ewe and two lambs which is not ideal, but there you have it. We will just have to make do for this fun trial...I will see how they shed, they are very used to working, but dunno about singling the lambs..if too hard I will put a cross in for Denise! (open only for the cross) We will also limit the number of entries so the sheep only have to run twice per day. Format will be the same as Flo's perhapse or maybe I will limit ppl to two dogs per day if I have to limit at all..that way ppl with only two open can run both. Me and Wobin need to have a confab about that. Looks like we are aiming for July 30-31