BC Boards

Trial at the end of July

"or maybe I will limit ppl to two dogs per day if I have to limit at all..that way ppl with only two open can run both."

I like this idea! I keep not being able to go to trials because i don't have any young dogs.

Julie - come over and you can practice that cross thingie at my place. I finally built one to practice on since i stunk at it so badly.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's just dandy, Sam. Here I am, embarking on a new life of better dietary choices and more exercise with the help of my personal trainer and food Nazi, Lisa. And you have to offer chocolate.

I love you dearly, rowdiness and all, but I may be going to John's cattledog trial in Ohio. I can make it over and back in one day and I can run Celt on cattle in Novice there (it's an arena trial indoors).

Will you still consider me a friend if I choose Ohio this time?

Well if I dont get some rain soon, there wont be any grass to mow...we will feel like we are back at my Richmond place, dirt acres.

Looks like maybe we can set up a work weekend for July 4 and 5...I know that is a holiday and will understand if ppl cant come, unfortunately, that is the only weekend I can do it as my dad is coming the 10th and then the weekend before the trial is Susie Rhodes fun day so I wont set up anything that weekend...Let me know what you guys think and if any of you guys can come that weekend..I know Robin, Randy and Alice have all said they can make it. I am starting to have real fears that the auger wont cut thru the ground as it is dry dry dry as hell here. Might be a tempory t-post kind of deal if we cant dig the holes..ugh perish the thought, that does not sit well with my anal personality.

Maybe if ppl come we can do a bar b que and a fish fry. (great eating from the fish in the pond!) Anyway, just a thought...let me know what you guys think.

Originally posted by Jennifer Glen:

Sue,

If they have that cake that we had the last time I was there, I would not even hesitate to pick Sam's trial. I've never had anything that good!

Jenny Glen

Oh, dear I've started a tradition. :cool: I bought another cake from that bakery last weekend (chocolate cake and buttercream icing with raspberry mousse), and it was just as good as the Black Russian cake I took to Sam's.

I can't make it to Sam's for the work weekend, but I might send a cake with Wobin. I think that would be a more worthy contribution than my physical efforts. :rolleyes:

Jenny Glen, did you get my message about Dhu? And great big congratulations to you and Scott!

What?! Surely there are some cows needing bossed around somewhere. :rolleyes: If not, come over this sunday and i'll put you to work worming sheep.

No Joan, do not send cake with me. It's hard enough resisting all the sweets at Sam's house without making me take reinforcement sweets along!!

Robin,

What time are you needing help? I have to hang around here long enough in the morning to get a call from my sister, who is on her way back from Florida, so I'll know what time to expect her in my vicinity. I'm dog sitting her great dane and two terriers and am to meet her Sunday afternoon sometime to hand them back over--whew!, so the phone call is to give me an ETA so I don't have to stay in the house by the phone all day....

So I'd be happy to help, at least for as long as I can before I have to go meet sis and divest myself of the extra dogs.

J.

Originally posted by Shoofly:

It's hard enough resisting all the sweets at Sam's house without making me take reinforcement sweets along!!

You got that right! The glass pumpkin is always filled with a variety of yummy chocolate bars (Twix are my favorite)! It's always a lot less full after I leave. :rolleyes:

Ah we love the pumpkin! What a day, we hung two gates, worked dogs and I gave lessons and helped Robin with the entry and now it is 5 pm..where do the days go...I guess I did screw off for awhile and went swimming in the pond! I am going to get inner tubes for us all to swim in..wonder who will have the guts to go with me? I KNOW Robin wont let me down!