BC Boards

Less than 3 weeks till the move!

As some of you may recall, DH, Odin and I are moving to a new apartment at the end of this month.

I'm wondering what I can do to make the transition comfortable for Odin. Or will he even care that we've moved?

It depends on his personality of course, but I've often taken Kessie to hotels etc, and she makes herself at home very quickly. I don't think she'd mind much if one of those moves turned out to be permanent. I think he'll be happy to be with you wherever you live.

I agree with Sandra. I moved a cat and dog 2000 miles and they were just fine when we got here. Having our "stuff" in the house made it "ours" and they were fine. I would probly make sure at least some of your stuff is there the first time you take him to the new place. Once he smells the "old" scent, he will claim the place as his.

The best of luck to you! I know you are really looking forward to the new place! And it is in a beautiful location if my memory is correct. (which it sometimes ain't! LOL)

I subscribe to the above posts. He'll probably adjust without any problems. We took a 4 day 3 nights trip last week and mine felt perfectly at home in every hotel room he entered.

How does Odin react to new places?

He takes pretty well to new places, so I suppose he'll be fine. I was pretty sure he would be anyway, but I'd hate to make a mistake.

Anyway, yesterday I went to Value Village to putter around and I found a beautiful sofa set for only 50$! :eek: So I came home and demolished the two ragged ones I had in here - and I mean *Ripped* them completely apart and took them to the dumpster in pieces! lol

Odin wasn't sure what was going on, but he didn't seem to like it too much - he was quite fond of those sofas!

He changed his mind as soon as the new ones were put in though . . . so if he takes to the new apartment like he did to the new sofas, everything will be just fine :rolleyes:

Just look at him on the new loveseat:

"I won't let you take this one away too! I like it!! MINE! All MINE!"

odinloveseat2wr.jpg

"Aww please let me keep it!"

odinloveseat26tg.jpg

"Okay, you can keep it"

"YAY!"

odinloveseat36ah.jpg

lol

Originally posted by Dixie_Girl:

Oh, those were too cute! Perfect commentary BTW!

$50?????? WOW! What a deal! Nice shopping!!

Thanks! :rolleyes:

And yes! What a deal! I'm still trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with them, but aside from fading here and there (naturally) and one tear on the arm of the big sofa, it's in perfect condition! The tear is easily covered with a throw and the fading isn't bad at all.

Here is the loveseat (19.99$):

loveseat2uq.jpg

And here is the sofa (29.99$) (I circled the tear):

chouch27us.jpg

The backrest is still plump and firm and the seat doesn't have any butt prints at all!

As you can see, I'm quite proud of my find :D

ps: ignore the matress on the floor, that's where we're sleeping until the move! :D

He's so handsome. I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm going through the same thing right now. We're moving in August sometime for my new job and I've been wondering how Tiga will take to it. I'm sure he'll be more ok with that then with me leaving for 8/9 months. :rolleyes: Or maybe he'll be ok with it all and it's just me that will take it hard. :D

Wow, nice couch!! I'd love to find a new one for an affordable rate. I went to salvation army a few times but the couches I found there are.... yucky. The one we have now is a free couch from a friend that is in need of some serious help..... not to mention the cat's torn it to bits. *rolls eyes* Blah.

My only suggestion would be that when you are actually packing things up and hauling them to the new apartment, that you take Odin with you each time you make a run. Never leave him behind, so he won't ever think he is being abandoned! That is the most diffucult time for dogs, not the actual move and getting settled.

Kathy Robbins