BC Boards

Kentucky (again) bust

I couldn't find a donation link for Clancy's Dream on the FB page, but was able to locate this paypal donation link for them with the search function:

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=P452T3383B7JW&source=url&ssrt=1679946178855

BTW, a friend who is still an active foster with Az Border Collie Rescue told me about this situation.  They are mobilizing to try to take up to 20 dogs. 

5 hours ago, Journey said:

Last I heard they had 30 in a load from Saturday and were again making a trip today for another 30.

I follow their FB page, and my understanding is that they only made one trip. They needed the weekend to mobilize all the resources needed, then made the trip today and returned with 38 or 39 dogs. That still leaves a LOT of dogs.

This reminds me so much of the hoarder/breeder place in Texas several years ago, which was very similar. 170 border collies were there, some of them dead or maimed or so far gone they had to be euthanized. AZ BC rescue took 21 dogs from there, and one of them came to me and became my greatest foster dog teacher -- Kelso.

I hope - and believe - that all of these dogs will get the attention and help they need, and am glad they were found and rescued. 

If anyone reading this is even thinking about taking one as a foster, do it. It might turn out to be one of the most rewarding things you have ever done.

Good news -

As a volunteer with BRBCR (Blue Ridge Border Collie Rescue), here is an update. Our rescue could have taken up to 9-10 fosters. Our intake coordinator contacted them Tuesday afternoon, then they were closed on Wednesday, and when she contacted them again on Thursday morning, all dogs had been either adopted locally or found places in rescue. Only 2 remained- one was HW+ (the only one of 79) and one that was ‘not nice’.

Great news. I hope the other 2 get placements too. The "Not nice" dog would probably turn into a good dog with the right kind of rehabilitation.  I have seen many dogs do a complete 180 in behavior given the right environment and handling.