BC Boards

New Puppy!!!! :)

I know I've not made very many friends with my posts on here thus far but I figured I could share some news anyway because few other people understand why this is so exciting.

My partner and I have been on the hunt for a BC that we can train as a stockdog as both a herding learning experience and *potentially* a foundation dog.

We're still not 100% positive which puppy it will be but one of these is coming to Connecticut on Tuesday!

943072_10200280305823191_1932478156_n.jp

I haven't ever actually had a BC pup since both of mine are rescues and though this will primarily be my partner's dog I am just as excited about getting a puppy as he is.

So far we're thinking the name will be "Iver" (or "Ivor). Not the best stockdog name but it clicked when the name was suggested so the faceless puppy has been "Iver" for several weeks now.

Cute pups! Are you getting a male, or am I just wrongly assuming that Ivor is a male name? I tend to prefer a wider blaze (which is why I'm keeping the pup with a nearly nonexistent blaze from Lark's litter, lol!). Be sure to let us know which one it ends up being.

Oh, and it might be that once the pup comes home another name will suggest itself. You never know.

J.

The pup will be a male. Ricky (partner) wanted a female but for multiple reasons a male ended up being the better (and only when it came to getting a dog from this particular litter) option. We both actually really like the one on the right and are hoping that is the one we end up with but I'm sure either will be wonderful dogs!

I forgot to mention- parents are Red Top Riggs and L & M Soot. We were trying to play off either of the parent's names but didn't come up with anything overly clever. I'm sure the puppy will have name suggestions when it gets here :P

So cute! Good luck, we just got a new BC pup a few weeks ago, boy are they a lot of work! They never let you sit down! I think I probably shed a few pounds since we got her. :) I'm sure whichever pup you end up getting will be great. Will you get to meet them both before choosing? If so, I always say not to pick the dog, let the dog pick you. :)

The pup will be a male. Ricky (partner) wanted a female but for multiple reasons a male ended up being the better (and only when it came to getting a dog from this particular litter) option. We both actually really like the one on the right and are hoping that is the one we end up with but I'm sure either will be wonderful dogs!

I forgot to mention- parents are Red Top Riggs and L & M Soot. We were trying to play off either of the parent's names but didn't come up with anything overly clever. I'm sure the puppy will have name suggestions when it gets here :P

That should be a really nice pup to start with! Have fun!

Cute pups! Are you getting a male, or am I just wrongly assuming that Ivor is a male name? I tend to prefer a wider blaze (which is why I'm keeping the pup with a nearly nonexistent blaze from Lark's litter, lol!). Be sure to let us know which one it ends up being.

Oh, and it might be that once the pup comes home another name will suggest itself. You never know.

J.

Wait just a second... Lark has puppies? how did I miss that one??

Yep, whelped April 1 (some would say appropriately). There are just three. I will try to post some photos in the gallery, though I don't have any real recent good photos because I was gone at the BG last week and have been very busy this week. Are you on Facebook? Lots of photos there....

Christina,

Sounds like it will be a good pup!

J.

Redtop Iver arrived safely in Connecticut at 11:08pm on Wednesday night! He is a gorgeous and spirited little puppy. He kept us up the first two nights- I slept at home with my pregnant foster kitty last night so I wasn't around to hear him sceam (yes, scream) but I heard he was a little better.

960020_10200412978739931_1501603876_n.jp

941656_10200412980539976_2073409065_n.jp

182961_10200412984620078_1719949359_n.jp

934956_10200412982420023_1488932315_n.jp

6737_10200412983540051_1123614126_n.jpg

We've all been keeping each other extremely busy! He is a smart little thing. I can't wait to see what my partner is able to achieve with this amaizng little dog!

I don't follow the boards very closely, but the pups are sweet and wonderful. I prefer to name pups before I get them, so that I dont' end up giving them names like "Pissy-missy" or "Chew-barka"

I've always liked the name chewbaka (or chewy) for a dog!!

Both pups are very cute ! and great pics you posted later !

(and don't feel bad Christina, I think I had upset a few members in the past with my many questions and concerns, I'll admit that I may have sounded a little over-cautious, but it was only out of wanting to be more sure about various stuff) (just for the record - I hold no hard feelings towards any of those who may have been upset by my many questions :)