BC Boards

So whos feeding what?

Many foods are available online. Check Amazon, PetFoodDirect and others. Sometimes the cost can be less than buying locally (particularly if the webstore is having a sale), but it usually evens out when you figure in shipping - in my experience.

I switched my pup to 1/2 puppy and 1/2 adult for a couple of months (5 and 6 months of age). By 7 months of age, he was on adult food.

Jovi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeding GO puppy right now - made in Canada and is available at the PetValu stores (not sure if they have them in your neck of the woods) I'm considering switching to Performatrin Ultra Grain Free - also made in Canada... Here's the information for GO and some limited info for Performatrin (also available at Pet Valu)

http://www.petcurean.com/for-dogs/go/

http://www.petvalu.com/in-our-store/products/dog/performatrin-ultra-grain-free-adult

All the dogs seem to enjoy the food and look good and healthy too.

We don't have a PetValu here and I'm not sure if I can get GO. We decided on Fromm Surf and Turf Grain Free. Doesn't seem too expensive and looks like a good food. I mixed a little in with her left over supper last night and then again this morning with breakfast and she ate it all, old and new. The kibble are a similar size so I don't think she can pick it out as easily as she did Tiga's food. Hoping for the best. :)

I fed Diesel Orijen puppy shortly after I got him. Thennnn he got giardia at about 6 months old. That reeked havoc on his GI tract, he was on chicken and rice for awhile, then switched to the prescription diet for sensitive GI. Every time I would try to SLOWLY put him back on Orijen he would have the loose stools etc. So I started feeling him the Arcana brand, orange bag not sure what flavor but the lower of the protein concentrations they offer, then gradually switched back to Orijen.

I found Diesel to do the best on the Orijen Regional Red, his poops are great, he likes the taste, all good things! Love Orijen brand but it is very very expensive

My 2 dogs (40 lb BC and 30 lb Sheltie mix) just finished a bag of Orijen. They did fine on it - as they do on most other high quality dog food (Wellness, Solid Gold, TOTW, Buffalo Blue). I did notice a couple of issues that give me pause before I use Orijen again: The 'output' was significantly increased, and it had a more pronounced smell (I don't know how else to describe it) than when I use other kibble brands.

I just started them on a new brand, Canine Caviar, that came into the pet food store. I mainly bought it because a 28 lb bag of food was $10 off. So far, their output has decreased noticeably. They eat it fine.

I want to try Acana, but the cost is just too high for me to justify.

Jovi

The Fromm Surf and Turf seems to be a winner! She LOVES it so much! She RUNS to her kennel at all meal times now whereas before I sometimes had to put it in there and walk away and she would go in eventually or not at all. Her coat is already getting shinier, she's not itching and her output is decreased and formed. We're very pleased so far.