BC Boards

Need Help Finding Some Pictures

Hey everyone,

I am going to be giving a speech this semester on how the Kennel Club and AKC have essentially brought a lot of breeds "to their knees" so to speak. I would like to gather some pictures of "original" dogs vs the "fancy" dogs now. I am going to use the BC of course, probably the German Shephard Dog and I'd like to find some pictures of the Basset Hound as this dog also has dramatic difference in the past to now. I have no trouble finding AKC dog pics online for all three, but for the G.S.D and Bas. Hou. I am finding it difficult to find pictures of the "original" dogs. Anyone have some good sources I can use and then site in outline?

Thanks in advance for your help!

There is a beautiful basset hound that lives down the street...and frequents the middle of the road. We call him speed bump...but he is a lovely dog that doesn't look at all ruined. i can take a photo for you

you might look for someone that has working bassets? They may have photos

Hey everyone,

I am going to be giving a speech this semester on how the Kennel Club and AKC have essentially brought a lot of breeds "to their knees" so to speak. I would like to gather some pictures of "original" dogs vs the "fancy" dogs now. I am going to use the BC of course, probably the German Shephard Dog and I'd like to find some pictures of the Basset Hound as this dog also has dramatic difference in the past to now. I have no trouble finding AKC dog pics online for all three, but for the G.S.D and Bas. Hou. I am finding it difficult to find pictures of the "original" dogs. Anyone have some good sources I can use and then site in outline?

Thanks in advance for your help!

A suggestion for your speech. Of all the breeds that have been screwed up by show breeders, the English Bulldog seems the worst. Saw a PBS Special a while back that addressed the Bulldog's problems in some detail. Did a google image search and found a lot of pictures from both modern and pre-1900 bulldogs.

A suggestion for your speech. Of all the breeds that have been screwed up by show breeders, the English Bulldog seems the worst. Saw a PBS Special a while back that addressed the Bulldog's problems in some detail. Did a google image search and found a lot of pictures from both modern and pre-1900 bulldogs.

Terrierman's blog

ETA: might be worth looking up Rin Tin Tin as well, what with the renewed interest there should be lots available.

My family also owned a few of Rin Tin Tins offspring.. The lady that sells his "official" line now is AKC and she only line breeds.. the old line though were giants.. looked more like King Shepherds than GSD.. Monster dogs I tell ya, but soft as a brush and smart as a neurosurgeon.. todays GSD make me cry.. literally =/

Archived