BC Boards

Border Collie "Types"

Jose,

Generally border collies have tails. Some folks out in the western US do dock tails, but I don't think you'd generally find tailless border collies. Border collies come with a wide variety of appearances, but most people don't classify them into types.

It's hard to say anything about the border collie culture in Puerto Rico, but your dog could certainly be a border collie with a docked tail. It's just not typical.

J.

Jose, are you cetain that your dog is a Border Collie, and not an Australian Shepherd? With the exception of the tail, they can sometimes look quite similar, although the Australians I have seem tend to be more brown-and-white or tri-colored than black-and-white.

Incidentally, where are you in Puerto Rico? I had many pleasant trips to Ponce (flew into San Juan and drove either over the mountains or around the rim of the island) when I used to work for a company that had a plant there.

Yes I am sure is a Border Collie Lady. How can I send you a photo? I tried adding the photo from my Mac website bud did not work. I understand the photo must be on a website. Your are going to love my Sophia.

I live in San Juan and I am sure you really enjoyed driving fron Sj to Ponce. It is a spectular drive and view.

Thanks to everybody. Sophia will get so happy when I tell her that I met so may of good friends on Internet. Soon I hope I will find a lovely husband for Sophia. Then I will become "Grandfather"

This forum is great and truly love Border Collies.

Thanks to Jean, SoloRiver, Beth G, Allie+Tess, Allie Oop, Root Beer, Juliu Podrier and Bustopher Jones.

Thank you Halbie. Now you know why she slleps in our Room !!!!

She is really a very friendly dog, and most of all, she likes children. The only problem is when my grandchildren get into our pool... There goes Sophia too.

In this photo she was 4 month old. She is now almost 4 years. IMG_0158.jpg

Originally posted by Sophia D:

... Soon I hope I will find a lovely husband for Sophia. Then I will become "Grandfather" ...

Oops - you're going to get blasted for that one. If you don't even know whether she is really a Border Collie, why would you be even be considering breeding her? Have you read the "read this first" post at the beginning of this forum?