BC Boards

URGENT - anyone in Montreal? Or have Montreal contacts?

Looking to get this information to anyone and everyone who may be able to help... A friends flyball team had a truck stolen and 4 of their dogs were on it!!

Here's the latest info:

NEW INFO 4 Dogs in the truck 2 black&white BC'S 1 Jack russell and 1 cattle dog** Truck travelling direction 40 West REWARD $4000....HELP!!!!ANYONE coming home from the Montreal flyball tourney, truck was stolen out of the Jack Astor's parking lot on boul. des sources, ALL THE DOGS are in the truck. License # 501 ONE Ontario plates, black Chevy Silverado,2004 model diesel. Call 1(613)720-9047, if you see the truck!

I know Montreal is known to be a bad place for stealing trucks... does anyone have any hints of where to go? What to do? I don't know the area nor anything about this stuff and the owner is devastated... the police aren't worried about the dogs being gone and haven't made a move... they did have a tracker on the truck through her Iphone but they must have realized and turned it off...

Any help - even just posted on your FB or to any Montreal contacts is greatly appreciated.

stolendogs.jpg

$4000 Reward

for the safe return of Trek and Tonic, black & white Border Collies, Zoom, JRT, River, Cattle Dog with a docked tail. At approximately 5:30pm today, Claire Gordon's 2004 Black Chevy Silverado (diesel) was stolen from the parking lot of Jack Astor's on Boul.

DesSources in Pointe-Claire, Qc. These four dogs were in the back of the truck.

Anyone who sees the truck or the dogs, please contact Claire Gordon RIGHT AWAY at one of the following numbers:

613-692-1049

613-834-2693

613-899-5193

That's my status on Facebook right now too. I guess we know some of the same people. I'm so worried for the dogs. I keep thinking about my two and what I would do if it happened to me.

Me too. Makes me so sick. I hope that there is some good news tomorrow. I wish I were closer so I could physically do something to look.

My friend Cheryl, just posted that all 4 have been found at the Montreal SPCA! I am waiting for further confirmation but god please let this be the case!!!!

ETA - dogs were all tied up together but are safe & sound.... I'll be breathing a sigh of relief when they are home.

My friend Cheryl, just posted that all 4 have been found at the Montreal SPCA! I am waiting for further confirmation but god please let this be the case!!!!

ETA - dogs were all tied up together but are safe & sound.... I'll be breathing a sigh of relief when they are home.

This may go a ways to solving who committed the theft...our local SPCA has a camera that records any "after hours" drop offs. Were they actually left at the SPCA, or did someone find them and take them there?

SO glad they were all found safe and well.

Liz

This may go a ways to solving who committed the theft...our local SPCA has a camera that records any "after hours" drop offs. Were they actually left at the SPCA, or did someone find them and take them there?

SO glad they were all found safe and well.

Liz

As far as I know they were left tied in a park and then someone called the SPCA. Hopefully I'll find out more later today. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: That's GREAT News!! Now I have to try to cross post the good news too :D I guess the thieves had some compassion....I'm sure the truck is insured...but the dogs.....no insurance in the world would be enough to cover that loss!

this was sent out by the dogs' owner late last night:

Super Big thanks to everyone and the power of the internet!!! So someone called the SPCA when they saw the dogs tied in a park somewhere in Montreal. The SPCA went to get them and had their pictures in hand, and knows all their names, and they have been fed and watered and tucked in for the night!

oh thank goodness they were found! I almost had a heart attack when I saw one of the dogs was Zoom!

edit..didnt read far enugh past the picture of Zoom, he was just one of the dogs in the truck lol I was just thrown off guard! I have never met Zoom in my life, but I knew his dam(Sprint) when she was a puppy and his breeder/owner was in our flyball club before her husband was relocated to Florida(and now Ontario I beleive)

Archived