BC Boards

You know you're watching too much TV when...

...your Border Collie goes over to the set and looks it all over very carefully - front and sides, trying to figure out your fascination with it. :rolleyes:

(It's been very, very cold here -- too cold for man and beast, but not apparently for Robin -- he can't get enough of the outdoors! So- out we go!

Liz

post-10125-1263181217_thumb.jpg

post-10125-1263181286_thumb.jpg

I've been watching TONS of tv, too, because I'm recovering from gallbladder surgery that happened over the holidays. I feel as though there are roots growing from my back into my couch (aka, I'm bored senseless).

So, my 6-mo old BC decided to come up on the couch to see what was up. Then he found a couple of balls and tonight, for the first time, learned not only that he can (sort of) carrying 2 tennis balls in his mouth (that was a fluke I think - LOL), but he can also "herd" one with his front legs while carrying the other in his mouth. My #1 BC (may he RIP) used to do that, and so I'm tickled pink to see him trying!

Yup, cabin-fever big time. I don't even have TV - no cable and the broadcast stuff is knocked down by this big hill I'm right up against. We get the "Blizzard Channel" and the "Dotted-Swiss Network" (with garbled sound) But I have 400 DVDs - a hundred or so of them Japanese. Arigato! Gozaimashte! Kannojoahashiteimas. (Just to stay warm) Nane? Honto ka? Hai!

Ack! I'm blithering! (Nothing new...) :rolleyes:

Yup, cabin-fever big time.

Ditto. My cabin even has a sign that says "Cabin Fever." It's true.

Apparently the salmon that run up the creek behind my property are catchable by hand. Haven't tried this yet. I'm sure Seek would be fascinated with them.

No Cable.

Lots of Seinfeld. And DVD's.

A regular Northern Exposure.

Apparently the salmon that run up the creek behind my property are catchable by hand. Haven't tried this yet. I'm sure Seek would be fascinated with them.

No Cable.

NO CABLE????? Yikes. I'd go insane. :rolleyes:

No Cable.

Lots of Netflix??? -- downloadable on the computer....

Seek might actually catch the salmon for your dinner--not sure how legal it is though :rolleyes:.

A couple of years ago Ladybug nabbed a wild turkey that she kicked up in the field when it rose in flight in front of her....she snapped its legs and I had to call around to find someone to dispatch it....it was pretty awful.

TV sucks. 500 channels of s--t and nothing on. I get most of mine from the internet including current TV shows at (pick a TV network).com. That way IO can keep up on Dr Who and Torchwood.

Geonnie try Veoh.com the largest collection of what you like to watch that's on the internet. You can also try crunchyroll. Do you wajt me to send you a couple of links to my favs series?

I can't believe I am going to write this because I have always been anti-TV.....

At 38 weeks pregnant I am loving our TV. We gave each other an HD TV and PVR for Christmas and got the movie channels. I have never bought a new TV and prior to moving in with my husband (boyfriend at the time) I never had cable!

It is the best! I sleep from about 10 to midnight, then e-mail, read, grump about, and watch TV until about 4:30 AM!! LOL (I have gone a little maniacal - now I know why my parents are crazy, it starts with pregnancy).

The PVR is great because I can record shows in the day in case I can't sleep!

Favourite show is definitely Chuck.

Every now and then a show catches the dogs attention - it is pretty amusing :D

Okay, now I am going to go hang my head in shame :rolleyes:

Chuck is a great show. :rolleyes:

And I loooove Dr. Who. I used to sit and watch the old episodes with my dad when I was young but that died off during my teen years, so he is tickled pink that we have become so in love with the new ones.

No snow here, just cold. Thankfully, it isn't bad enough to keep us in, so we haven't watched any more tv than usual.

I had that issue up until today lol, it was around -40*C and colder..with an average of -43*C..the dogs had to get dressed up in boots and coats just to pee! today though....its +1*C..its GORGOUS! I am off work now and I gotta go out...it was so awsome to be able to go outside in my t-shirt to fetch a dog and not freeze! yesterday it was pretty warm too, at -5, but the wind was so strong and bitter that it mide as well have been -40 lol.

Tell me about it... it's been hovering around zero or below here and we got over 3 1/2 feet of snow. I can't walk the dogs or ride the horses, it's just too deep. I've got a path beaten down from the house to the barn and that's about it. To top it all off I have the flu now.

Sleep for an hour awake for an hour, sleep for an hour awake for an hour, take more meds and repeat. :rolleyes:

TV is good :D I even caught the sheepdog trials on RFD-TV at 2am the other night!