BC Boards

Lighted Dog Ball

Because of the early 6 o'clock sunset this time of year, I ordered my doggies a Nite Ize Meteorlight ball. Talk about a hit for nighttime play. It sure was funny watching this light bounce across the park and then stop for a split second and watch it start floating back towards me. It's a little heavier than a tennis ball but bounces better in the grass. It was a little tricky for me to turn on (I had to go back and read the instruction to hold the switch down for a few seconds) but is very bright at night and seems durable enough for canines. I wouldn't let them have it to chew on but it was no worse for wear after 30 minutes of dog play.

2-thumbs up from me! I really like this thing and so do the dogs.

We had one of these as well and the dogs loved it...but my friends killed it on a group camping trip this summer. Its quite durable but prolonged throwing as far and hard as you can onto pavement eventually makes it fall apart (the part that holds the batteries). They got it back together once and the lights still worked but the second time it came apart, it was dead. However...this was after a good hour or so of "fetch" between 2 groups of people with 4 dogs running back and forth and getting it if the people didn't. Before that, we'd used it to throw in the lake for the dogs, and on the grass and it was totally fine. I also have an LED light up frizbee which my dog likes even more. After the ball died, they went to using the frizbee and it still works (I think because it has a lot less weight when it lands so its not as much of a shock to the insides).

I've been meaning to pick a couple of these up! We play ball every night in the dark after I get home from work. I've lost countless chuck-it balls already, rolling under the fence, getting thrown over the fence, getting carried into the bushes and not carried back out. Those things are expensive and we have months of dark left to go. Thanks for the review!

My dogs' favorite toy in the whole world. They have the Disc-O ball that changes colors. Even my thunder phobic dog will happily play with this during bad storms. I use it with a Chuckit and it has lasted nearly a year so far despite hard impacts on grass.

does it fit in a chuck-it?

I have 2 Chuckits. One I only use with tennis balls and those made to fit the regular Chuckit. The other I use for slightly oversized balls (because the plastic gets stretched a bit). I've used my Disc-O ball in both and not had a problem.